V2 Tent Lock Failure

The Spring Pins are $20.00 per pin plus shipping.

@fatfurious2 I will order a set and see if they work.

2/3/22 update: I was incorrect on my original pricing.

2 Likes

I think id like to have a pair of spring pins just in case. I havenā€™t had any issues with my locks, but the spring pins look really good.

How can I order?

Please submit a Service Request Form and we will get you taken care of!

2 Likes

Got them today @GFC_Support ! They look like a quality product. I will still put some dry lock lube on the springs, and put them in soon

3 Likes

Had a lock seize up on me, after fiddling and getting the lock unstuck, I just removed them preemptively, so it didnā€™t happen on the road and ruin a trip. Contacted GFC last night via the Service Request Form. @GFC_Support already reached out, and Iā€™ll pick up the new plungers later this week. Customer service has been phenomenal with GFC, donā€™t know why anyone has said different!

I already checked out the plungers, my neighbor just got his camper, and they are sweet! Good work GFC!

2 Likes

installed mine todayā€¦ plenty of room between the plunger and the 270 awning

2 Likes

@GFC_Support how do I go about opening the lock if itā€™s stuck? Iā€™ve forced water (the only thing I have) into the lock without luck.

Anyone else have ideas or how they opened their lock?

Right now I insert the key and it just spins freely all the way around.

Build 1450

UPDATE: I was called by Calder right away even though itā€™s late on a Sat night to help me out. The lock couldnā€™t be fixed but GFC will send out replacements pins first thing Monday. Thanks for the support!

1 Like

Had my V2 now for a week, love my tent, but the lock selection for the panels was a very poor decision. The are really a total POS especially on a camper that runs close to $8,000. .

5 Likes

I just picked up my tent yesterday. Was expecting locks. Having read this thread Iā€™m not sad that I didnā€™t get them. That said Iā€™m bummed Iā€™m going to have to spend more money to implement your ideal solution. But thank you for sharing!

What do you mean by shaved some off the latch side? I was thinking drilling the hole to 1/4ā€ might be the ticket.

1 Like

This still boggles my mind that they havenā€™t moved on from the compression latch. Having only the beta from this forum; but sure seems like the customers would really like a better solution.

I gave up on locking mine and just try to not leave things of value in the back. The 3D printed covers that @jedgar has the print files for work really well. That is of course if youā€™re in an area that has cold temps.

Iā€™m still looking at T-Handle options.

2 Likes

@Dignon it boggles my mind that you babies continue to complain about the latches. Have you tried using Boeshield T-9 and a deicer as GFC recommended? I seriously doubt you have. I live in a freezing cold environment and routinely lock and unlock my latches. I also keep a couple grand of gear in the back of my rig. So the idea that you canā€™t keep yours locked is full of you know what. Sure, in the right conditions the latches may freeze up, but a deicer easily resolves that.

Just like any car forum, just because something is complained about online, doesnā€™t mean a majority of owners have had an issue.

@wvumtnr you have a Raptor and just bought a camper and are complaining about buying a $11 lock? As a Raptor owner myself, you sound pretty pathetic.

@anon87798461 not pathetic enough to call people names on an online forum. Lame. :face_vomiting:

But you fit the character of a Raptor owner in an online forum. Kudos to you on upholding that low standard. :pensive:

12 Likes

So let me get this straight, it is okay for people to rail against GFC on here, but as soon as you get called out by someone on the forum, itā€™s an issue? Lol I am glad you snowflakes are so sensitive and believe in free speech when itā€™s only one sided.

@Dignon I have seen your YouTube videos and you ainā€™t that impressive of a man. Please let me know when your back in the lower 48 and I will be glad to meet. I ainā€™t no keyboard warrior son.

3 Likes

Think itā€™s the name calling @anon87798461 otherwise everyone is open to conversation.

9 Likes

Hey guys,

Please do not name call and/or make threats to one another. The forum is a resource to cultivate community, share knowledge about GFC products, and share our experiences, so letā€™s keep things on track :v:

Warmly,

Calder

31 Likes

Yeah that was my less technical way of saying I drilled a 1/4" hole

1 Like

So back on topicā€¦ the redneck inner tube cover worked 110% of the time to keep out the ice and I was never locked out this winter. The lithium grease worked 99% of the time and the other latches that were unprotected I gave up trying to open

5 Likes

Put on my pull knobs from GFC and they are very nice! Red loctite to the actual knob threads, blue loctite to the part that attaches to the back part. And keeping some sprayable lock dry lube in the truck to keep things moving

3 Likes

Thank you. 5/16ā€ was the meal ticket. I added a rubber washer and rubber sleeve to the cylinder side- takes up any slop for a nice tight fit. Great idea!

10 Likes