Weatherizing Update

Same here- also don’t appear to have gotten the updated tent design (installed 11/13). I suppose we better fill out the Service Request Form as well.

I filled out the request for, but they are asking for more evidence of water intrusion, I’ve sent pictures of the holes in the corners, what else are you guys showing?

1 Like

I’ve filled out my request form, what else do I need to do to get the updated kit, I’ve sent a pic of the corner with a gap

@Medicfung thanks for submitting a Service Request Form. The picture you uploaded was in an area that we have not had much of an issue with. So we responded to your request yesterday and simply wanted you to elaborate on the issue(s) that you were having. Please respond to that email when you have a chance where we can get you taken care of.

1 Like

@the_philxx it is not a new issue—most customers have had zero issues with the rear tent corners—so we simply asked him to elaborate on the issue:

I had to wait till I was able to pop my tent back up this afternoon to take pics of all the corners of my tent. That first pic is of my rear right, I’ll send you pics of my front left and front right which have see thru gaps in those corners, the pics I show have sunlight coming directly inside the tent thru the holes. Water would have just an easy time I’d assume?
Thank you guys for being so responsive, despite all you hear in regards to communication, I’ve always got a quick response.

1 Like

@the_philxx the mattress helps keep the tent material vertical on the sides when closed. When it is removed, the fabric folds inward and down, which allows a greater opening for water to pass through as it drains. The camper’s roof has the potential to hold a couple gallons of water when flat.

In reference to your window seal, it was put on incorrectly: the gap should be at the bottom and not at the top of the window. I will email you where we can talk about this further.

4 Likes

Anyone else immediately run to check on your rear window to see if the seal was at the top or bottom?!

2 Likes

Have you considered receiving and installing your weatherization kit before continuing to beat the dead horse that is your water leak?

They’ve gone through the trouble of listening to everyone’s concern, working through solving the issue, and sending out free kits, all in a very short amount of time. I’m not a fan boy but based on my experience with other products/manufacturers it’s honestly pretty impressive.

99% of the members of this forum are either current owners, people waiting for their v2, or prospective buyers. Unsurprisingly, none of the aforementioned benefit from additional anxiety surrounding a (seemingly rare) issue that has been publicly addressed, and fixed, at no cost to any of us.

Mine doesn’t leak a drop and your posts still give me the squirts man…

3 Likes

@GFC_Support thank you for clarifying the need for the mattress to be in at all times! While I have some water intrusion regardless, the worst was definitely when I had a panel removed so this makes sense.

2 Likes

I’d bank on direct action being driven by direct feedback via their service request forms and emails/phone calls, not speculative posts on a lightly moderated forum geared towards mods and general questions :man_shrugging:

I guess another way to think about it is, do you think you’d have more of an impact swaying legislation via facebook posts, or by writing a letter directly to your senator?

Anywhere is probably drier than WA, but I get a decent amount of weather where I’m at, coupled with more extreme temperature swings. Sorry we aren’t having the same experience with the camper, but I’d bet we’re on the same page with their service team being more than willing to help with questions or concerns. They’re better suited to help you than anyone else here…

2 Likes

This post has helped me out as I’m waiting for my weatherizing kit. Thanks for the updates, info and advice @the_philxx and GFC

5 Likes

I agree this thread has helped me plan and prepare as I live in the PNW. Most Discourse forums I belong to include product feedback / troubleshooting as well as mods/general Q&A. Thanks @the_philxx - squirters goin’ squirt :sweat_drops:

4 Likes

Hey Folks - Thanks again for the constructive feedback and supporting one another throughout this thread; we really dig it. Our Service Team has been hard at work creating a video for the “Weatherizing Kit”, and we’ll be sure to share that update in this thread.

Stay good out there, fam.

13 Likes

@GFC, any update on when this video will be available and when kits will start shipping?

How are the new campers being manufactured to address these issues?

I believe your question may be answered at the beginning of the post, at least at a high level:

2 Likes

Do I need proof of water intrusion to have the weatherization kit sent out? It would be nice to install it for piece of mind regardless of having leaks right now or not, plus its like 5 degrees here now…

If you have any questions or concerns about water intrusion and/or receiving the kit, please submit a Service Request Form and we will get you taken care.

6 Likes

Are the kits currently shipping?