Weatherizing Update

I emailed last night after seeing the post from GFC.

I was told by Support@gfcengineering.com that the kits are not ready to ship out yet.

1 Like

@zwickt the kits are not shipping yet—the previous comment was a typo. But everything is getting real close to being complete :wink:

7 Likes

That looks like a great piece of kit… I’m trying to wrap my head around where that would go though…

after staring at the picture for about 5 minutes, the thought came to me…Could that be the drill jig?

Drill jig for new drainage holes on the extrusion?!

1 Like

@OverlandKyle @MBBME Yup, that is the drill jig for the extrusion drain holes.

4 Likes

Does it double as a fidget spinner?

4 Likes

You’ll have to wait and see :wink:

4 Likes

I have #2524 with the weatherizing update and just got back from Belgrade driving 10 hours through two winter storm warnings. I checked the camper today and can confirm no water made its way into the tent. One potentially minor issue, I am experiencing a intermittent whistling noise which could be caused by the additional drains. I’ll tape them over to test my theory once all the rain stops.

Thank you GFC for implementing an effective solution so quickly.

4 Likes

Kits are being received already?

I have unit 2327 and had most but not all of the weatherizing updates from GFC when I picked up the camper. I believe all new campers have the updates. Still waiting on kits as I understand it.

1 Like

I have the weatherizing done, and notice no whistle or wind noise from the camper. But it’s on a Ram 1500; most complaints of noise I hear of are from Taco owners. I also had Yakima roof racks before which were loud AF, so maybe I’m immune to the noise. It’s definitely quieter than that setup :joy:

2 Likes

@drkp kits have not been received nor mailed out. Anyone that has filled out a Service Request Form, will be receiving a shipping confirmation today and their kits will be mailed out tomorrow. In short, customers that are coming up here to have their campers installed for the first time have all the production changes that we implemented in light of the Weatherization kits.

@Fungui the whistling noise is likely not coming from the drain holes on the sides of the camper—the V1 campers had similar holes on the sides of the campers and we never saw that issue. Submit a Service Request Form in reference to the noise and we will get you taken care of.

4 Likes

Are there going to be some sort of instructions on what to do with these kits once we get them?

Hello,

I wanted to give everyone an update: all Weatherization kits have been received by UPS. So if you did not receive a shipping confirmation, please submit a Service Request Form.

The Weatherization kit was designed around the tent section of the camper. A few of you have seen water intrusion around the lower section of the camper (anything below the tent floor), so we designed a kit for that area of the camper as well. With that said, the lower section kit is only applicable for those that have actually had an issue in such an area.

Tent Section:

Lower Section:

If you do not feel comfortable installing the kit yourself, then please let us know and we can get you scheduled at our facility in Belgrade.

10 Likes

@Roddy1 Yes, everyone that receives a kit will also have written instructions in addition to the videos noted above.

1 Like

Thank you all for coming up with a solution and some good videos to show us exactly what needs to be done

3 Likes

@GFC_Support… I wanted to say thank you for recognizing that several GFC owners are Deaf or Hearing Impaired and rely on subtitles. Thank you for making the video accessible.

8 Likes

Please clarify which date GFC started adding the new weatherization fixes on new installs. Mine was installed 11/20, and does not have the extra stripping or sealants shown in the video. I guess i need to order the kit?

1 Like

@PRob we started implementing production changes 11/11 - 11/14. It is possible we did not add the seal, but implemented the other changes on your camper. Do you have the drain holes along the sides of the tent extrusion? Either way, submit a service request form where I can see when your camper was built and we can go from there.

It does have 2 drainage holes on each side. It does not have any weather stripping added, nor does it appear to have the sealant “painted” in the corners. Though i will have to look closer. I submitted a Service Request Form as instructed. Thanks.

2 Likes