What have you done to your GFC this week

Ha, hmmm. Let me pull it back out or ask my fiancé as it is hers.

1 Like

Agreed. Had the skis on my DH rig and it fits. Wheels, not so much.

7 Likes

oooh nice bars!!

Dang i have an old nomad 4 frame you just inspired me to turn into one of these!

3 Likes

Here’s a fun failure, I’m working on an awning frame setup of some sort and testing the setup went excellent, failure is good news in this case.
Awning concept test. (Fail) that’s why we test!! #gofastcampers @GFC @KitCampers - YouTube

Installed last week…
-upstairs and downstairs lighting (usb powered led strips with tape. each strip has its own power bank)
-duluth seat back bunker (mounted with grommets)
-rear panel battery powered LEDS to light up tailgate better
-side panel magnetic lights (rechargeable, removable)
-bed rug
-overland softgoods flannel sheets and 1" foam topper
-bungee chord paper towel holder

9 Likes

awesome. where can I get one of those?

3 Likes

I don’t know. I had to make mine. There are some sketches of my design here: Gas Mileage Effects - #51 by docdave15

1 Like

Installed these bad boys today. One of the twin covers had a small rip but other than that I love them.

4 Likes

Clever lil hooks for hanging attached with GFC track nuts. Plan on clipping roof net and/or making my own retention system that’s modular and 100% removable without adhesive. Also installed at factory frame threaded holes.

7 Likes

Not the greatest picture but this is exactly the setup I have going on upstairs. Those same tie down rings and a bungy net off Amazon. Works perfectly for my needs.

Bungy net

4 Likes

Great idea with the hooks!

1 Like

Love my OSG sheets and Scott the owner is even better! We chatted on the phone for a solid 45 mins lol!

Haha yeah he’s a cool dude he called me before shipping my sheets and we too had like a 45-minute conversation turns out he visited the town I grew up in and knew of people I knew.

Highlights of randomness in the last few weeks.

Trying out some designs. I can CAD all day long but cardboard concept development is where its at! Check out my love seat, made from a Hest Foamy mattress folded in half (across). My reading corner. :wink:

Heater upgrades, will break it down later. But its solid and I think I’m almost done haha.

Made my Patagucci Puffy wall for the GFC. Shout out to @the_philxx for hooking me up with the Primaloft and quilted insulation! Kind of a adhoc project today, suprised how well it turned out. The reading nook is definately getting fancy.

-Ron

5 Likes

Getting dialed in with my overnight trips to Bogus here in Idaho

9 Likes

How’s that heater work for you and in what temps? Do you leave something unzipped or open for safety at night?

Good questions, exaclty what I was wondering! I don’t run the heater when sleeping and I have a CO detector when I am running it. Initially I got the buddy heater as a temporary fix until I got a diesel heater, but now after my nights testing at the ski lots I’ve determined that a buddy heater is so convenient and efficient I have no desire for more. My coldest night has been 12 degrees F and it was easy with my “-25F” bag. Biggest benefits of the buddy I would say is almost instant warm hangout, and super efficent. A lot of people complaining about condensation but I’ve barely experienced any since I don’t run it overnight.

1 Like

Where’s the best place to mount co detector, any suggestions on place and mounting solutions?