What have you done to your GFC this week

has this been helpful with noise while driving?

I made a grill/camp stove bag for quick grab and storage. 1st sewing project.

15 Likes

I replaced my 5-gallon water bottle with a Dometic Go Hydration Jug (11L). The optional $100 Dometic water faucet pump, sold separately, seemed overpriced, so I retrofitted my existing $12 water dispenser from the previous setup to work with it. I just needed to order the compatible quick disconnect fitting and a longer hose, which cost me $16 from Grainger. I ziptied it to mock it up, but it may just stay like that for a while. I am happy with the upgrade and it took me only 10 minutes to complete the project. The Dometic water jug seems more robust, easy to fill, and packages better than the 5-gallon cylindrical bottles that are commonly seen.

Build Of Materials:

• 1x Quick Disconnect Push Fitting to 1/4 barb, $2.12:Link
    Optional 90* fitting with shutoff that’s on backorder and hasn’t been verified. Link
  • 10ft Silicone Hose, 1/4 ID, Food/Beverage Compatible, $14.25 : Link
  • Pump, $13.99: Link
  • Dometic Go Hydration Jug, $69.99: Link
  • 2x Zipties
12 Likes

Checked to see if the skibike fits in without moving handlebars, check. The old ARE was too short for me to slide it in the bed whole.

9 Likes

Yes! Especially when driving through a headwind, and there are some strong ones here in Utah, the fairing has allowed me to keep the radio volume noticeably lower than previously at highway speeds.

Dude epic! That looks like a blast.

Since your maybe a mountaineer - Same here - Worked for Timberline Mtn Guides / Oregon Ski Guides out of Bend for many years. I always had this idea to invent a mostly inflatable ski bike frame. Hike it up to a high peak, blow it up and rip back down.
Dreams…
For what its worth a Wildernest (classic pop up truck camper/ circa 1980s maybe) was always a dream when I was younger, now we have the modern GFC. So maybe someone smarter than I (not hard to do) can come up with a design for an inflatable ski bike…

@the_philxx @pnwmountaineer First thought, "How do you stop?!”

Same way you do on skis, I’d imagine.

2 Likes

It’s a wild mix. You need to initiate a whip and the trailing skis edge gets the slow down started. Once a little side loaded your weight naturally comes off the front ski, then it sets the uphill edge like a snowboard and assists. To get out of the slide just turn the shoulders back to the right and you’re off. Nothing like skiing. Nothing like snowboarding. Nothing like biking. But a wonderful marriage of the three!

4 Likes

Nice work! if you don’t mind me asking, what sewing machine is that? I am getting into building some awnings and I need to get stitching lol

That rocks! I wish my DH bike fit like that.

Ha, hmmm. Let me pull it back out or ask my fiancé as it is hers.

1 Like

Agreed. Had the skis on my DH rig and it fits. Wheels, not so much.

7 Likes

oooh nice bars!!

Dang i have an old nomad 4 frame you just inspired me to turn into one of these!

3 Likes

Here’s a fun failure, I’m working on an awning frame setup of some sort and testing the setup went excellent, failure is good news in this case.
Awning concept test. (Fail) that’s why we test!! #gofastcampers @GFC @KitCampers - YouTube

Installed last week…
-upstairs and downstairs lighting (usb powered led strips with tape. each strip has its own power bank)
-duluth seat back bunker (mounted with grommets)
-rear panel battery powered LEDS to light up tailgate better
-side panel magnetic lights (rechargeable, removable)
-bed rug
-overland softgoods flannel sheets and 1" foam topper
-bungee chord paper towel holder

9 Likes

awesome. where can I get one of those?

3 Likes

I don’t know. I had to make mine. There are some sketches of my design here: Gas Mileage Effects - #51 by docdave15

1 Like