What have you done to your GFC this week

Installed these bad boys today. One of the twin covers had a small rip but other than that I love them.

4 Likes

Clever lil hooks for hanging attached with GFC track nuts. Plan on clipping roof net and/or making my own retention system that’s modular and 100% removable without adhesive. Also installed at factory frame threaded holes.

7 Likes

Not the greatest picture but this is exactly the setup I have going on upstairs. Those same tie down rings and a bungy net off Amazon. Works perfectly for my needs.

Bungy net

4 Likes

Great idea with the hooks!

1 Like

Love my OSG sheets and Scott the owner is even better! We chatted on the phone for a solid 45 mins lol!

Haha yeah he’s a cool dude he called me before shipping my sheets and we too had like a 45-minute conversation turns out he visited the town I grew up in and knew of people I knew.

Highlights of randomness in the last few weeks.

Trying out some designs. I can CAD all day long but cardboard concept development is where its at! Check out my love seat, made from a Hest Foamy mattress folded in half (across). My reading corner. :wink:

Heater upgrades, will break it down later. But its solid and I think I’m almost done haha.

Made my Patagucci Puffy wall for the GFC. Shout out to @the_philxx for hooking me up with the Primaloft and quilted insulation! Kind of a adhoc project today, suprised how well it turned out. The reading nook is definately getting fancy.

-Ron

5 Likes

Getting dialed in with my overnight trips to Bogus here in Idaho

9 Likes

How’s that heater work for you and in what temps? Do you leave something unzipped or open for safety at night?

Good questions, exaclty what I was wondering! I don’t run the heater when sleeping and I have a CO detector when I am running it. Initially I got the buddy heater as a temporary fix until I got a diesel heater, but now after my nights testing at the ski lots I’ve determined that a buddy heater is so convenient and efficient I have no desire for more. My coldest night has been 12 degrees F and it was easy with my “-25F” bag. Biggest benefits of the buddy I would say is almost instant warm hangout, and super efficent. A lot of people complaining about condensation but I’ve barely experienced any since I don’t run it overnight.

1 Like

Where’s the best place to mount co detector, any suggestions on place and mounting solutions?

I only have a cheap one right now that’s not mounted yet. I’d definitely recommend a unit that displays the CO particulate reading, mine doesn’t and I’ve been looking for a high quality alarm to replace it. Mine has a test button, but those generally are only testing the battery and not the alarms ability to sense gas. I put mine close as possible to the heater so it would pick up any CO output.

Here’s some guidelines.

1 Like

Thanks for sharing

1 Like

@Skidad_115

Hi Chris! Thanks for posting a great photo of the Overland Softgoods fitted sheets. I read that one of your fitted sheets has a small tear in it… Please contact me so that we can replace that for you!!!

That sort of thing happens once in a blue moon… but, it does happen. I want to get that replaced for you ASAP!

Give me a shout or email at the shop and we can arrange to get the sheet with a tear replaced post haste!

Happy trails…
Scott

4 Likes

4 Likes

I bought the largest and the smallest. The smallest is for ice and the largest is for cocktail and food. I picked this brand because, the price, different sizes, and the batteries are swap able and can be used as usb charging.

2 Likes

It’s killing me that the stripes don’t all go the same direction. :joy:

2 Likes

I had to have some way to know what one was ripped this is how I do that :wink:

1 Like

Finally got the maxtrax out of the way in the camper and up on the roof using mounts from @Wild_Mitten. Really nice, high quality parts.

3 Likes