What have you done to your GFC this week

love having the dogs sleeping “downstairs”

2 Likes

It is nice, although my little dude is a baby and wants to be with me so most of the time he’s up in the penthouse. When its me, the girlfriend, and both dogs, they stay downstairs lol

I used two 90deg steel shelf brackets bolted to the back of the awning mounting track. It just sits on them with a tie down. Some Velcro to the Reflectix to seal it up.

Here is a shot using my 10 year trusty BM AC unit. It worked almost too good! :ice_cube:

5 Likes

Regarding Insulation, a few layers of Reflectix is more than sufficient even with a little 5000btu AC. I would think rigid would be overkill and a pain to transport.

I would suggest 1/2” foam covered with outdoor fabric attached to the inside of the lower panels. They get super hot to the touch and transfer heat inside. For the roof, I am mostly solar panel but any exposed areas cover that with the same Reflectix from the outside, even a small section of translucent roof pumps in the heat.

Get creative with the Kapton tape :rocket:

1 Like

What kind of stuff is being mounted to these?

Here’s more info

1 Like

Did you ever add this on there?? Thinking of installing the extra zipper and making an opening for ventilation - how has this been working now that you’ve used it for a while?

I installed a few types of lighting. The LEDs can go any color, the brightness is adjustable, and they will be powered by my EcoFlow or even just a small power bank.

The light on the panel is magnetic and rechargeable. With the panel closed, it can light up the bed for accessing gear, with it open it can light up around the truck. There will also be one on the back panel with multiple mounting points. The metal strips will also serve as the curtain mounting points - those are still to come.

2 Likes

Do you have a link to the lights ?

Also interested in a link to the lights. What controls color and brightness? A remote?

Amazing. Already have all these pieces too. Manifesting this build haha. Thank you so much!

Ok really good to know. Will likely forgo the rigid insulation. Thanks for the great input. You heading to the playa this year?

Magnetic lights: Motion Sensor Under Cabinet… Amazon.com

LED lights: Daymeet Led Lights for Bedroom,… https://www.amazon.com/dp/B093LF43NV?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_share

The LED’s were so cheap I’m impressed by them so far. They were literally just installed, so I can’t comment on durability at all, though.

Finally installed the solar setup.

Victron MPPT 75/15
Renogy 100w Panel
Seaview Cable Seal
Shittco Solar Wire Clamp things

Originally I was going to route the wire from the battery up under the truck bed. Then decided to just come through where the other wires are. (Once again I’m voiding another part of my warranty, haha!)

5 Likes

How much of a difference has this made? Has it fixed the condensation issue or does it still form on the ceiling and walls?

It has helped quite a bit tbh. No more “dripping”. The carpet seems to collect it before running down the honeycomb to your feet. It dries out fairly fast as well and also blocks 50-75% of the light. Condensation will still form on the the doors/windows but that is almost impossible to resolve. Way better than vinyl imo. Vinyl will block 100% of the light but no change or help in condensation. Plus…a sickkkkk patch wall!

2 Likes

Finally managed to install the L-Track “airplane strips” on both long sides of the bed. They allow a totally modular system of attachments, and they’re REALLY SOLID, so no worries about keeping heavy water tanks, heavy fridges, etc. nice and secure. The bulkhead is next for the L-track, but that involves a bit of a rethinking of my electrical box & battery.

We also added the Underland Off-road MOLLE panel :slight_smile:

7 Likes

A simple solution to a problem I had ample time to think about this weekend…

I was stuck in the camper most of the weekend due to heavy rain. I had my driver side tent window open with the Shittco awning kit (which I can’t run on my other two due to my 270 awning). I wanted the main window open partially, for natural light and to watch the rain. I did the “roll and zip” method where you roll it up and then run the zipper down to keep the roll in place, but it frustrated me trying to roll it up and get it zipped and keep everything rolled nicely.

Six pack of neodymium magnets from Ace Hardware and we’re good to go.

5 Likes

@Bobbyduracel

I did this. It works well.

Peace.

Funny enough, I walked by those Nite Ize straps at the hardware store and thought I remembered someone using them, just forgot how. These magnets were $6.99 so I figured I’d try them first. Long term, I’d like something more permanent/harder to lose so might go for your route!

1 Like