What have you done to your GFC this week

Awesome man. Can’t wait to see it finished up. I’ve been cooking up plans in my brain for my JT when I pick it up. Hard to fully conceptualize how it will all go together since I don’t have the Jeep yet, so it’s nice to see someone finally posting about building theirs out. Keep it up!

I was able to get a pack of 10 from one of the big box stores (I think it was Home Depot) for a couple of bucks. It was in the wires section by the zip ties.

2 Likes

You’re right. The one I purchase were for flat surfaces. Sorry…I didnt realize the distinction in the original post.

I bet the ladder would be helpful getting those bikes on/off the roof racks

Hey man I’m curious about any more details on this, and where you got it. Seems like a good way to stash some bedding.

I actually got 2… both off of Amazon… The one in the pic is

I am also testing this one…

2 Likes

Installed an intake vent to provide extra airflow for the dog when driving w/panels closed. Can’t remember who shared these vents initially (someone here or on FB) but they seem super high quality and I think it will make a big difference!

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08F3P3DRBi?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_share

13 Likes

Swapped the bedding in my V1 XL. Removed the cushions and added Exped Megamat 10 long & regular wide. The widths are 30.3 & 25.6. Fully aired up they do press against each other and measure 60" wide together. Airing down to soften them they’ll do just fine.

These are mostly for my two kids and the long fits me fine at 6’2" when solo. Staggering them will give them their own space to put down devices, lights, books, etc.

Just one more piece to the puzzle is on its way to make truck bed access easy. A few minutes deflating them with my Makita blower allows them to be stowed in place.

Also there’s room for a Kodiak Canvas 0° Z-top XL fits with no issues.

8 Likes

I’ve had several close calls the past few months when I’ve been pulled over on the side of the road and people didn’t give me enough space to pass me by safely so I thought I should get something that would give me a little bit more visibility… a cheapo Amazon strobe bar and two of the 10/32 Tnuts and bolts and it works perfectly… It is wired into my Powerpack and can be activated by a keyfob

This forum won’t allow me to upload a video clip but it is amber and white lights that alternate

12 Likes

My rear window started to pop out from driving down rough dirt roads with it open. I got it back in with a screw driver.

3 Likes

Glad you caught it before it popped fully out!

2 Likes

@Kwood i went with the front window only. I was concerned about this happening. Glad you got it back in before losing it completely!

1 Like

I might consider these! Great idea for the dogs. Thanks for the link! @fetch-is-life

1 Like

My decision for lighting inside the camper and tent took me some time to come up with but this solution has been great for my use.

1.Battery-power or permanent hard wire ? **No hard wire for me **
2.Dimmable and color choice , white spectrum bright white to warm whit or combo of the two ,don’t need disco lights or red currently not hunting or engaged in covert Ops.
3.How long will the battery light last More then enough
4.How long to re charge the lights short time minimal draw
5.options to relocate **The advantage is obvious **
6.Remote wireless control Nice and they do also have a on off switch on the side
7.Motion activated I open the door light goes on for 15 to 60 seconds your choice

The answer to all these was the under counter battery powered led check
Light
Light 2
Light 3M
Light 3
the link

They last around 20 hours on high \ recharge time 30.min I have been on many multi day trips and never had to charge them.
I carry the Buetti AC200 Generator easy to charge
All the other features listed above are the reason I like this set up.
Lastly I did not use standard Velcro I used Lockable see link

https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B09BN8JK7F/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

As we all say its all a personal how we do these mods this has worked for me tested for 6 months

9 Likes

Could you use magnets to more easily relocate? Possibly more durable than velcro over long term? Just thinking out load.

Yes actually they come with magnetic clips you could do it this way but I like the black Velcro its more secure and easier to peel off and relocate the light.
I played around a lot with location and what I might be doing in that specific area.
With the all the doors open and the lights on the highest setting its a bit overkill not enough to preform surgery more than enough for camping I also love the remote and ability to turn on or any single light or dim them.
Lastly the magnetic clips will only work if you install mental plates as the doors are aluminum and will not stick.

Added the Overland Pro Wraptor 6k with only 3 brackets. I have a V1 with hinges on the outside so it’s hard to fit 4 brackets. I don’t think it’s needed. Held up to my driving through Saline Valley @65+ mph, up Lippincott, around the Racetrack for 2 days and then home through Hunter pass.

4 Likes

Nice set up! What is that blue container ratchet strapped to the bed?

Thank you.

It’s a Viking Cylinders 17lb propane tank.

Looking for a better mount but’s it’s so light that the ratchet strap did just fine.

I celebrated spring thaw by removing the redneck inner tube latch covers that worked flawlessly all winter

oh and cleaned out the bed

1 Like