What have you done to your GFC this week

Rounded the corners on my transform-a-floor panels. Thanks for the recommendation @nat3060
RoundedCorners

Also tried out Couch Mode (think I also got this idea from nat3060). This was a game changer for me. Spent a whole night watching waves in total comfort.

5 Likes

Is there no fear of bugs being attracted to the lights and getting inside? I’ve been painstakingly keeping all light away from the tent at night and briefly using red light to get in and out to avoid any bugs getting in. The ones by me are vicious and there are thousands of them so maybe it’s just my area and maybe I’m just worrying too much :sweat_smile:

Was this hard to do? Assuming it voids the warranty on those pieces?

I’ve almost torn the vinyl a few times already when moving the floor pieces so would love to do this if it’s not hard/a problem.

I don’t know if it voids the warranty, but it’s very easy to do and took me only 5 minutes altogether. I used 3M EXL duburring wheels for the Dremel tool.

I was pretty worried about cutting the tent before, and I’ve split my fingers open on the sharp edges. That worry is totally gone now.

1 Like

I leave all the screens zipped and the floor pieces in place until I absolutely am ready to get up there. I shut the lights off below before I open the floor so hopefully the bugs go out and up to the screen windows. Then I hop up and close the floor back up as fast as I can. Doesn’t stop all of them, but usually only get 1-3 in there.

1 Like

There are some rack pad suggestions in this thread. Creatures of Leisure aero pads work well for the GFC bars. The racks you made seems a bit smaller in diameter so the Dakine pads may work as well.

what power source is that?

1 Like

Ended up getting the Dakine 34” aero pads and they fit pretty dang good. I might run a zip tie or something around them for security but the Velcro has pretty good bite

4 Likes

Added some headliner carpet today. Really happy with the result. Used 3m super 90.

14 Likes

I upgraded from my old school second battery charging system to a DC to DC converter…

Yup I have my second sealed arm 80ah battery behind the back seats in my Tacoma and it is kinda a mess.

2 Likes

This will be your favorite mod to date! Mine has been fantastic since doing it.

1 Like

What brand sway bar did you decide on?

I went with the Hellwig 7779. It understeers a little if you’re getting after it but it’s worth the reduction in body roll on the road. I imagine if I went to a less stiff setting it would kick the back end out easier but most of my driving off road is more crawling oriented than desert.

1 Like

Awesome! Did you remove the roof panel beforehand or did you install the headliner from within the tent

1 Like

I spray glued it up just as you see it. Definitely wish I had a hand when I did it.

Added my beer water tap. Had a lot of fun getting this in. It runs on a 35 psi water pump with those rotopax.

18 Likes

Built a small cubby box that mounts with the GFC frame hardware and two track nuggets. Doesn’t hold very much but extra storage is premium in a 5 foot bed.

18 Likes

Resealing the Tacoma Swiss cheese bed with @GainzGFC

5 Likes

Genius idea. Love it!

1 Like

“Swiss Cheese Bed” - love the description. It’s so true. I’m interested in how this works for you. My Swiss cheese bed is my biggest frustration.

1 Like