What have you done to your GFC this week

well after having so many scratches that it was down to the steel in places I had to do something :slight_smile:

3 Likes

6 Likes

Bahaha… it was the paper that was available… Then again maybe I need a tinfoil hat…

1 Like

Did you sand the doors?

Are you just using one bungee to secure the ladder to the frame? I’ve been wondering what to do with mine.

Yeah, light sanding then adhesion promoter as paint sometimes doesn’t like to stay on powder coatings

1 Like

Just bungee for the moment. Although it has stayed in place and sometimes simple is the best.

1 Like

Looks great. Any reason you didn’t use Rhino or Raptor on the door panels?

Not really haha… lazy?

We did you get those vents? :thinking:

1 Like

The Amazon 1 Pair Black Aluminum Low Profile Popup Air Flow Roof Vent Trailer 2 Ea.- Trim Rings & Gaskets https://a.co/2GLlA0I

1 Like

Just one, works fine

1 Like

Finally got the lights sorted.

5 Likes

I’m pretty sure everyone could use a magnetic Koozie or two.

4 Likes

Over the last couple of months I have been thinking on how to mount up some load bars on top the V2 for hauling boats.
So I did what I usually do, look around in the garage and imagineer something.

Well I had two pieces of extrusions that were the bases for the tent rack for Fafhrd, my old DC Tundra. Pretty beefy units too.

And I had a couple of ARB awning mounts I used on the load bars of our old RTT/contractor cap set up for the Mouser (our Tacoma) to mount the Eezi Awn awning up. A test fit showed that the combo would work very well on the GFC. So I ordered 4 of the ARB brackets, found them for &18.00 apiece, and some of the Gzilla Tnuts for the GFC extrusion slots.

I choose to mount the brackets so the rounded, smooth side of the bars face forward to help reduce wind noise. The reinforcement gussets can act as strapping points. Blue Locktite was used on the mounting hardware bolting the brackets to the rails.

Pretty happy with how these turned out. I can mount or unmount the rails in under 10 minutes. I’m leaving the rails long so two canoes or yaks can sit side by side as with the height cradles will be too damn tall to throw a boat in. They’ll lay flat on the rails with probably some roller saddles.

8 Likes

Did you have this professionally done?

Awesome! Did you make those tan side panels?

Prototype 0.1 Propex heater.

I didn’t want to mess with carrying another fuel source and wanted something that won’t create condensation. I also want something that can be swapped easily and not permanently mounted or built into the rig.

My solution is a wing tray. This keeps all parts out of the weather and available inside for adjustments. Future material will probably be marine grade plywood or something lighter.

I currently use a Wagan Tech 1200Wh Power cube that sets at the back of the kitchen box. It runs the furnace and CO detector.

Ran great for 2 nights up to 10000 feet, 28F and 50mph gusts.

Both the bed and truck bed were nice and cozy.

Ignore the gap at the back. I forgot to chamfer the 6 degrees on the back triangle.

Board folds in half and wedges folds down for easy storage. Panel is also slotted to fit around the panel stiffener and then pinned to existing holes in the stiffener.

It mates up well to the existing weatherstripping on the panel. I may use a 3/4” core box bit to match the tube better on the inside.

6 Likes

Yes. It was taken to a wrap shop.

New awning who dis?

13 Likes