What have you done to your GFC this week

Installed my hot water heater for showers

11 Likes

Got my water tank cover/shelf done today, and put up my US map pinned with the states I’ve been to. Dots and OVRLNDR decal to match the tent.

10 Likes

Added some handles to my topper. Some modification to the handles required. Had to drill out the handles a little bit so the tnuts would fit right.

PZRT 2-Pack Black Aluminium Alloy Handle Rectangular Industrial Pull Handle for 30 Series Aluminum Extrusion Profile Accessories 120mm https://a.co/d/aCWoCsr

4 Likes

Had my buddy help me cut a subfloor. Still needs a few things then I’m gonna wrap it in outdoor rug

4 Likes

Let us know how it goes after you have a chance to use it! Camp shower is still something I’m trying to figure out.

Will do! I tested out the hot shower before when I didn’t have the GFC and it worked great. Now I need to test it since I have all the hoses hooked up. Finished everything today…

11 Likes

Looks great! What molle panel is that?

1 Like

Underland Offroad

1 Like

Follow up to last week… My buddy came over and helped me finish off my subfloor. We primed it with Kilz anti-mold primer, connected via pocket screws, wrapped in outdoor rug and supposedly dropped it in without issue… Except that last part didn’t happen. Wasn’t gonna go in as one piece, so we ended up having to break it at the seam to get it in position. Lesson learned, maybe add a piano hinge there for future versions.

Priming

3M 90 Hi-Strength Spray Adhesive and 1/2" staples to keep the carpet down.

In place, can barely tell it isn’t connected along the seam anymore

My on-the-go kit. All I need to do is throw my chuck box in and get ice

And the main reason we built this, this nutless (as of Wednesday) dog didn’t like walking on the bare metal

Edit: received my Shittco rainfly kit and got that installed too!

11 Likes

Not exactly a GFC mod but found this RCI rear bumper for a smoking deal and installed it…. Complements the lines of the GFC quite nicely!

5 Likes

Seamgripped my superlite

3 Likes
  1. installed a bed rug. First impressions, it rocks!

2. installed and carpeted the platform/bench that @Buhlockaye made for me. Plan is to have storage bins underneath and then use it to “store” the bigger rectangle panel as needed. I did add some foam under the carpet as well.

3. installed the tent pole window mounts that @Buhlockaye also printed for the backing.

6 Likes

that back storage is really nice looking

1 Like

https://www.rei.com/product/603034/gear-aid-seam-grip-seam-sealer

Huh. Had never seen this stuff. Cool.
seamgrip

1 Like

It’s the Duluth Trading seat back organizer. Just have to add grommets.

1 Like

By any chance do you remember the grommet size/kit you used? I just ordered a back seat bunker a few days ago

I did the same… it’s 3/8 grommet

2 Likes

GFC took care of me with a pair of new struts for the rear hatch. The new ones (on the bottom) definitely feel stronger than what came off.

3 Likes

I purchased a $60 dog pen from tractor supply, tore it apart, added some bungees from Amazon w/ dual carabiners- and made a quick build/quick tear down dog kennel out of the GFC. We just ran a little fan and a small stereo with chill music, filled a water bowl, and left him while we rode trails.

This provided a full cross breeze, shade, and security for the pup. When not in use, the bungees keep all four panels locked together and I just attached it to the other gear with a ski strap so it’s silent and stable on the road.

w

18 Likes

Launched and installed some new track handles, and now have another idea for a new version of it to help save space on the tracks.

3 Likes