What have you done to your GFC this week

Did a couple things Sunday that have been on my list

Dust Sealing

• Added a Rockblock on the tailgate
  • B-Bulb seal on the GFC Backdoor (I was still getting tons of dust under the factory seal flap thing
  • Spent far too much time trying to figure out how to seal up the two holes on each side of where the tailgate and door meet. (Still don’t have a solution)

Weboost Install

• Installed it on the beef bar (The support will slide in there if you trim a little off each side)
  • Used the wire clips I made to hold the wire in the channel

7 Likes

Which size dog crate did you use? This is a great idea!

Dang, that’s looking really clean. It’s amazing what a little time and attention to small details do to make the overall build look good.

1 Like

I will send some more details this afternoon!

Using black butyl tape in those tailgate corners helps a ton!

1 Like

I’m not sure how to keep them in place. Did you do that? Did you attach them to the door? I’m pretty sure if I attach them to the tailgate they’ll be gone the first time I bump them. haha

The butyl tape is a like a “putty”. I stuffed it into that small corner of the gap and it has helped a ton. I used this one here amazon butyl tape

Yep, I have some. I used it in the bed in a few spots. I just didn’t think it would stay there past the first time opening or closing the tailgate & rear door.

Just made a “how to” post with some photos.

2 Likes

@m0to - is your WeBoost amp inside the GFC? If so, where did you route your WeBoost cable into the GFC?

Right now I’m just attaching the cable to the antenna when I set up camp and taking it back down when I pack up. I’d like to route it in a permanent way and curious what others have done.

Have you thought of adding a vent to add positive pressure inside the camper? I was a little hesitant to cut into my side panel, but I did it. Looks great, hasn’t leaked, and I’ll get to try it on an upcoming trip. But the people on this forum that have installed it say it works awesome.

I have been considering doing the vent some of you guys have done. I’d have to add a pre-filter. Down in SoCal and Mexico the dirt is silty so if I’m behind anyone I’m basically sucking all that in.

1 Like

I was going to run it into the GFC, and instead went right into the truck cab.

And two 48” bungees with dual carabiners from Amazon. Done!

3 Likes

Wanted to try BM with my rig for last year. Ended up not using it, afraid it would get destroyed only a month into owning it. Seeing this now though I would love to give it a try for this year. Any tips or tricks? Curious to know how yours held up last year.

I actually purchased two of the horse trailer vents for this exact project. I just haven’t taken the time yet to install. Someone else on the forum gets credit for it, and he fashioned a clamp out of some metal which connects his diesel heater duct to the vent directly - to heat the lower half of the space. It is pretty ingenious and it’s next on my list.

Added some MaxTrax mounts from Sherpa w/ pins. Will see how this compares to having them tucked away in the truck bed. The space previously occupied by the Trax will now house a 13G/50L tapered water canister.

3 Likes

It worked great. No worse dust wise compared to other trips I’ve done with the GFC. A few car washes and vacuum sessions later it’s all good. This truck has been since 2012 and it’s not a rusty heap so if you’re diligent in washing there are no concerns.

Going in the GFC was a good change for us. You’re more exposed, spending more time outside with the community. We got to know our neighbours and passersby much better than when you’re hiding out in an RV. We still had the AC when needed we could go hide out from the heat and dust. I’d do it again for sure.

6 Likes

I can confirm this setup is working well. If it’s really cold I run the hose right into the tent. But for the majority of the time I run this setup

15 Likes

I love those short molle panels! I’ve been hunting for something to fit in my tundra w/ decked drawers - but every panel I find is slightly off by some measurement. Those look great!