What have you done to your GFC this week

Can you show me the pics of this install ? Thx

Anything more specific that what I’ve already posted? I haven’t modified it much more.

Truck is going in the shop tomorrow so if you post back tonight I can see if I can get what you need in the morning.

Built a tray for my fridge. It bolts to one of the tie downs in the bed. Worked well last weekend.

6 Likes

@jedgar drip rails installed. Really nice work on these. When preparing to buy my camper I heard discussion about the waterfalls into your backseat but figured it was overstated. Until it happened to me. No rain in the forecast so no testing for a while.

8 Likes

It’s an excellent product

2 Likes

Got em and they do help a lot. But mine seem to still let water drip down into the back seat when it’s raining decently at all.

hey @GFCjimmy if you have a chance shoot me an email and we can see if we can get them working better for you. If not i’d be happy to refund you if they don’t work like you expected. josh@jedf.us

4 Likes

AWNING!!!

I can confirm- three of the GFC brackets + six of the nut/bolt/washer combos from the OVS mounting kit - no mods, mounted right up. It’s a 3-man job for the 270 awning. I tried with less help and buggered an ankle.

Be warned!

2 Likes

Do you have the updated tent with the extra water intrusion holes? I was getting my tent replaced at the OC facility and was able to see first hand the ‘drilled’ modifications as well as the new-new GFC machined out holes. Both versions seem like they would make the @jedgar drip rails almost redundant just because of where the new holes are located.

The DripRails were originally designed to catch the water that moves across the top of the camper then off the front, but with the introduction of the V2 camper the sides became some of the issue also. I added the side spacer and changed some dimensions to help with this. The new drain holes should reduce some of the water, but I think a majority is still from the top.

Would love some feedback from owners with the new drain holes for sure!

1 Like

I can definitely say the DripRails still work as expected and capture significant amounts of water even with the new fixes implemented by GFC. Even if the new fixes caused the DripRails to be redundant…what’s wrong with a belt and suspenders?!

2 Likes

Edit: I did not mean redundant. The new GFC holes do not allow the water to drip onto the drip rails as they did without the hole. I do not have a photo to explain but I did see first hand your drip rail mounted to a GFC with the new holes.

1 Like

I have one of the updated campers with the machined water intrusion fixes. Still having the same issues that the drip rails fix.

1 Like

Added an Amazon thermometer to the inside of the GFC that’s visible in the rear view mirror. Cheap peace of mind for when we have the dogs in the back.

9 Likes

This is on my list for sure.

Red helps retain night vision and not disturb the circadian clock/sleep etc…

Details? I’d like to do this but can’t stomach the $180 that VRNCLR charges…

A few people have made similar bags. If you are semi-competent, have a sewing machine, and take your time its do-able. Or order a mesh bag and attached with velcro/double sided tape.

1 Like

Fresh step install from @jedgar

5 Likes

Latch covers - proof of concept

10 Likes