What have you done to your GFC this week

Looks awesome!!

1 Like

Details?

Currently working on modeling a rubber cover that works for the OEM Southco locks. This one was a quick test 3D printed in TPU (hard rubber) to see if it was actually feasible. If things work, may make a mold or 3D print them.

4 Likes

Made some brackets to mount my Yakima HD bars. This allows better compatibility with the typical roof mount rack accessories (skybox, kayak and paddle board rack, and bike racks). 1.5” clearance between the bottom of the bar and the top of the GFC

10 Likes

Made another hanger for gear lofts to with a small carabiner. I call it Percha

Percha gear loft anchor.

5 Likes

Posted in the how-to.

Put in a solar roof vent!

5 Likes

Finally wrapped up the v1 of my build a day before I leave for a trip. Pretty satisfied. I was able to use factory holes to secure it without adding any holes into the bed.

• Redarc Manager 30
  • Sok 100Ah LiFePO4
  • 12v Accessory Port
  • Refrigerator Circuit
  • USB Charger Port
  • Solar Hookup (will hard mount panels later)
  • 120v Charging Port
  • Caframo Fan (thanks @Stick @Chuck.D and @takethetruck )
  • Bench
  • Storage

Wiring Roughed In

Storage/Bench Design

99% done. (Cleaned up some wire routing after this.)

Pup approved.

14 Likes

Added some grass.

7 Likes

Well I am adding a 1 up bike carrier with swing out that I found on the side of a dirt road. Took 2 of the 4 bike trays off as I don’t need to bring 4 bikes normally

5 Likes

That is the score of the year if you found that on the side of a road!!!

1 Like

Yeah I was stoked

It’s not even bronzed from being in the sun yet, looks new! Congrats!

1 Like

Someone is devastated about that, for sure.

1 Like

Applying outdoor/indoor carpet to the moveable floor panels since running the Hest Dually Long. My Old CVT Mt Hood had the carpet on the interior roof so I plan on doing the same after seeing @the_philxx do something similar. Just adding the carpet on the floor panels instantly added a “different” yet much better feel inside. Attached using 3M 90 spray adhesive.

19 Likes

Added a glow in the dark grab handle from @Eisenheim on the interior back door which makes closing the door much easier from the inside. You could also hang lights from this if you wanted for coverage in the rear while cooking, etc. I even found myself grabbing it to start closing the door from outside. Highly recommend his handles for the outside also!.

7 Likes

I like this idea a lot!!

1 Like

Removed our old build out in the back and started the work on making a new one. excited to get this wrapped up this week.

3D drawing of what the end goal will look like.

10 Likes

Which dometic do you guys run?

We’re using the CFX35

This is a great idea! Did you wrap the sides or just cover the top?