What have you done to your GFC this week

Just the top. I was afraid it would have been too tight to try and wrap the whole panel. Still need to do the best front but I have wires up there I need to manage first.

1 Like

Great idea, can’t wait to see what it looks like on the ceiling. I’d imagine it will give it a more “premium” look and feel inside.

2 Likes

Would love more details on this process as well as the ceiling when you get around to doing that!

1 Like

I made this “balcony/viewing platform” out of industrial aluminum scaffold. Sets up in under five minutes and folds to fit on the roof rack. I was skeptical of the T-slots holding the weight so I welded up a bracket that transfers the load to the GFC frame and not the track. I noticed GFC switched to steel track nuts for the ladder mount so I used those as well. Maybe a two person limit to be on the safe side. (OSHA :grimacing:)

Definitely not something we will take everywhere but certain places it will be nice to have (festivals, concerts, races, etc)

Folded up

39 Likes

LOL this is awesome and so creative all at the same time. Love it.

2 Likes

I’m calling OSHA

3 Likes

my god…that’s genius!

Def not as cool as a crows nest! C5’s are on the back panel and there was an audible sigh as I closed it for the first time. Total install was 10 minutes including cutting.

4 Likes

Headliner done thanks to @Buhlockaye

Used outdoor/indoor carpet from Lowe’s. Used 3M 90 spray adhesive per @the_philxx recommendation.

Since I had the water intrusion update, I couldn’t remove the top honeycomb or else it would have been 100% easier. This is def a 2 person job if you want it to line up correctly. Feels like a whole new tent now.

8 Likes

Looks amazing!

Do you think that carpet would hold velcro? Would love to do this but also just bought the VRNCLR ceiling storage thing which is supposed to attach via 3M sticky backed velcro strips.

Would be sweet if I could just skip the sticky 3M side and just velcro it up there!

1 Like

I def think it could 100%. I plan to probably add something for an iPad as I had a magnetic holder up there before.

1 Like

Niice, that would be awesome! Thinking I might try and do this before I have the water intrusion fix done in a couple weeks.

100%. Would be SOOO MUCH easier with the top panel just pulled off

1 Like

That’s freaking excellent!!

1 Like

Installed some 3/8 grommets for the shittco awning

11 Likes

Just spent 3 nights in the tent and absolutely loved it. Wished I had done it sooner!

1 Like

work continues on the remodel of our build-out, nearly done at this point, just need a few more coats of sealer on the wood and to finish running our electrical.

18 Likes

could you fit two mtb bikes?

LOVE the new layout n build!

1 Like

Looks sharp !! Nice clean lines, my OCD approves lol

2 Likes