What have you done to your GFC this week

Rad! Great job! Love the cut out for the Goal Zero!

1 Like

Couple tie downs and Claymore fan.

1 Like

Installed the Joolca Single Mounted enclosure using 2 GFC mounts. Very easy install and it’s easy to adjust the length of the tent depending on your truck and suspension. More photos my instagram, here

1 Like

Also installed a 12volt mouse led/ultrasonic repeller, amazon link here. Drilled a hole through the bottom of the grey conduit single box that holds a 12volt socket and a 2 port usb into the drawer area below. Then used 3M vhb tape to stick the repeller on the top side of the drawer box. Touch wood, I haven’t had problems with critters getting into my food drawer, but I figure it’s only a matter of time. I used a little rubber grommet to protect the wire in the hole I drilled, so the wires won’t rub through and short out. I also installed a repeller up in the truck’s engine bay, near the wires.

Btw, I prefer the plastic bin approach to food storage, easier to load/unload food from the kitchen in my house. Can easily carry the whole bin back and forth, makes it easier to get out camping.

2 Likes

Modified a couple MLok QD sling mounts and atrached them to the outside rail so I can attach a tarp for shade or whatever else. Low profile, and the QD loop will detach with the push of a button so it won’t rattle.

12 Likes

I like this! I’ve been looking for a way to mount my Alu-Cab Shoe Bag. Ideally, it would hang next to my ladder, and attach to the t-tracks.

Got home from a quick trip, washed, lubed locks, and installed @jedgar drip rails!

4 Likes

$80 DIY roof rack installed (including cost of t-nuts, extrusions, brackets).

Mounted up 175 watts of solar for a planned fridge addition for longer and hotter trips.

5 Likes

Looks great! Can you list out the supplies?

3X 53" Tnutz EX-1020 extrusion, tapped ends to 1/4-20 myself
8X 1/4-20 T-nuts
12X Gzila 10-32 track nuts
6X steel bracket plates cut by Sendcutsend
Renogy 175W rigid solar panel
Renogy Z-brackets

3 Likes

Did Sendcutsend have the black end brackets ready to order or did you have to design them yourself?

1 Like

I drew them up and had them cut from mild steel. Then just used a couple coats of basic spray-paint once they came in.

2 Likes

Awesome job, @aeevard!

Would you be able/willing to share the specs that you provided for the end brackets?

Bought this 48" bungee + carabiner combo from Harbor Freight a while back and had it clipped to the shock body to hold paper towels and shit tickets. It was fine but it slipped a few times when I took tension off of it on one side. Grabbed a pack of these anchors and mounted them on the shock bolts. Pardon the mess, need to do a deep clean after the weekend

10 Likes

Great small addition!!!

1 Like

Pieced together a ladder kit, something I meant to buy when I picked up but forgot to. It’ll be nice when the dogs are downstairs

l

4 Likes

Picked it up!

5 Likes

This is exactly what my universal track mount rails were designed for, using M-Lok hardware for things that didn’t require extreme weight bearing needs.

2 Likes

Hey Chuck! How did you get the AC unit to stay in place? Did you need to build some support for it to rest on? I am going to try to adapt your set up for the burn this year. Thinking ill wrap the camper in rigid insulation with a 1-2” gap between the camper and insulation.

love having the dogs sleeping “downstairs”

2 Likes