What have you done to your GFC this week

This is a super cheesy test run, the video was put together by the “Insta360 AI Editor”, not my style but shows off what it can do. I moved the mount from the back corner up to the front corner so it doesn’t look like I’m filming the top of a cube van lol

4 Likes

Shower Tent on GFC Camper!

2 Likes

Nice! I mounted mine on the very front and got some fun footage down in Baja.

2 Likes

Sweet! Any videos you’d share? Trying to get some inspiration, haven’t had much luck finding offroad/overlanding footage

anyone wrapped their panels before? I have a V1 and the black is looking a little faded!

I’ve haven’t personally wrapped the panels but my V2 has wrapped panels. To be honest, looks east do especially if you pull the panels off

1 Like

great color, elegant look. much better than the plaid.

1 Like

Good idea. I have a lot of extra after doing the panels. Did you use velcro or adhesive?

@KOM-Chaser Believe he used the 3M super 90 spray adhesive. We used about a can and a half or so. Maybe overkill but last thing you want is a saggy headliner.

nice, well with that carpet the cool thing is you can then use velcro on top of it to adhere all kinds of attachments, storage, etc.

1 Like

i imagine it cant be terrible hard to wrap a flat square haha

Hard? Not really. A bit of a pain? Absolutely hahaha.

We had two people which helped to initially line up the carpet on the inside and check to make sure it was the correct size. Could be doable with one person but helped having 2

1 Like

Finally got around to using the “upstairs” lights a few times. Happy to say the glue I used is still holding, even with the heat and humidity of late.

1 Like

@jedgar 10Rack installed. Added some bolt-on ratchet straps to hold down my paddleboard.

Before someone says “You shouldn’t use ratchet straps for paddleboards”

This board was free and is in pretty rough condition so not too worried about it. Anyone know some surf pads that’ll 10series extruded aluminum? Thinking some of the “aero bar” ones might work

5 Likes

Rounded the corners on my transform-a-floor panels. Thanks for the recommendation @nat3060
RoundedCorners

Also tried out Couch Mode (think I also got this idea from nat3060). This was a game changer for me. Spent a whole night watching waves in total comfort.

5 Likes

Is there no fear of bugs being attracted to the lights and getting inside? I’ve been painstakingly keeping all light away from the tent at night and briefly using red light to get in and out to avoid any bugs getting in. The ones by me are vicious and there are thousands of them so maybe it’s just my area and maybe I’m just worrying too much :sweat_smile:

Was this hard to do? Assuming it voids the warranty on those pieces?

I’ve almost torn the vinyl a few times already when moving the floor pieces so would love to do this if it’s not hard/a problem.

I don’t know if it voids the warranty, but it’s very easy to do and took me only 5 minutes altogether. I used 3M EXL duburring wheels for the Dremel tool.

I was pretty worried about cutting the tent before, and I’ve split my fingers open on the sharp edges. That worry is totally gone now.

1 Like

I leave all the screens zipped and the floor pieces in place until I absolutely am ready to get up there. I shut the lights off below before I open the floor so hopefully the bugs go out and up to the screen windows. Then I hop up and close the floor back up as fast as I can. Doesn’t stop all of them, but usually only get 1-3 in there.

1 Like

There are some rack pad suggestions in this thread. Creatures of Leisure aero pads work well for the GFC bars. The racks you made seems a bit smaller in diameter so the Dakine pads may work as well.