What have you done to your GFC this week

I don’t, but if you wanted to chat about how to get it done sometime, DM me!

Alternately there are places that can do this stuff, car stereo installer/car alarm shops in my area will install a dashcam / whatever. I’d bet you could get both done for less than a hundred. But this also good wiring experience to have under your belt - straightforward stuff, if hidden behind lots of choices and terminology.

2 Likes

Tuned the truck and got closer to tuning everything in the truck electrical system to handle 60A of alternator charging.

Teaser for my Rumpl blanket insulation kit - no better photos at the moment. Cut up two rumpls, 1x one-person and 1x two-person. Sewed webbing on the cut edges and installed with fabric snaps.

Screenshot 2023-11-25 at 9.03.44 PM

Working on a propane heater roof mount this weekend.

4 Likes

Is that a Propex @steezeman ? I put one in my camper trailer build and have been super impressed. Been brainstorming a way to get one setup in the GFC. Excited to see what you come up with!

@jedgar Yes it is! It’s been keeping me warm all fall and winter. I had it in a janky plywood box in the back passenger corner. This is a starboard HDPE box that I’m mounting against the front wall. I’m in love with this material. Exhaust goes through holes in the bed floor. Heat intake is on front wall away from the tailgate and output is on the opposite corner above the tailgate.

Next step is to build a propane locker so I don’t kill myself on accident. More HDPE for that. I also am learning how to use a speed welding tip for plastic to make fabrication of airtight structures easy.

1 Like

Finished installing my rumpl tent insulation solution. Work in progress photo for the heater. It’s finished now but forgot to take pics again.

4 Likes

lol the solar panels and the light coming through the roof actually look sick af

1 Like

That’s actually the warmest wall of the whole truck because the honeycomb insulates really well and the solar panels conduct some heat into the surface. The rumpl blankets have allowed my propex heater to get the tent to 70F when it’s 20F outside without being on more than 1/2 the time. Different story when the floor is open, but that’s another project.

1 Like

Added 3rd and 4th row seating :upside_down_face:

5 Likes

:smile: Great layout.

went on a shakedown run over the weekend to see what it feels like to finally be able to hide in the camper when it’s cold outside.
Being in SoCal for so long, 30s in the woods is considered cold for me lol

![IMG_4345|1080x720]

Found a few problems that need to be addressed. Details in my build page if you are interested.

6 Likes

What did you use for the heater bracket?

Installed some latch covers from @Buhlockaye - these things are sweet and feel very sturdy. Now I’m not as nervous to be locked out of my truck bed due to ice/snow in the locks.

PXL_20231203_182401579

8 Likes

Picked up my drawer system over thanksgiving that my dad built. I told him what features I wanted and he put it all together. Main goal was to maximize countertop space. I saw a similar drawer system online and used that as a starting point and made some modifications. Its only anchored in the back left corner of the truck bed and can be removed with two people pretty easily. Fully loaded with gear, Id put it at about 115 ±15 lbs.

I was able to take it for a test run this weekend and its amazing. Everything is organized and easy to get to while maintaining countertop space. In my previous setup I just had two bins that i kept all my kichen stuff in and it was a bit cluttered and annoying to deal with. With this setup, i have more storage and easier access/usability than the bins. Granted, it does take up more space and weight, but I think its worth it. Having a bench in in the back is nice and provides a nice intermediate step to get into the camper. It can also be used as a couch if you put the cushions on it.

I also couldnt pass up on the deals this past week and got a 12v fridge (setpower AJ40) and a power station (EcoFlow River 2 Pro) that will sit in the back seat. This fridge and kitchen drawer setup really decluttered the truck bed. The only loose items that I pack back there are the water container, trash bin, chair, and any other items I want to bring. I am pleasantly surpised with the performance of the fridge and battery. I did a test run during the week and the fridge was on for 36 hours and drained the battery to 50%. During my overnighter, the fridge ran off the battery from about 3:00pm Saturday to 11:00am sunday and drained it to about 87%. On the 45 minute drive home, the battery was charged back to 97%.

Overall, super happy with this setup.

9 Likes

Thanks @kellyfinnamore ! Enjoy!!

1 Like

added xmas lights and temporarily removing the LEDs to lengthen them and modify their position

4 Likes

Love the setup on your cab molle panel. Its super clean! I want to mirror it when I get one for mine. Whats in the black box. Is that a heater?

1 Like

I like the ladder on the molle panel, I might need to try that. It doesn’t bounce around too much with just thee 2 upper straps holding it (from what I can see)?

I think it’s a cook top, he has a buddy heater on the side rail. I’m pretty sure the black box says Coleman! That’s my guess!

1 Like

Oh yeah I look closer and see that now. Still a nice setup!

Thanks ya’ll. It’s a cooktop yes. I am working on building a diesel heater to mount on molle panels I’ve got on the passenger side of the outside of the camper.

1 Like