What have you done to your GFC this week

I have considered it. I’ve talked to Dave about a special build. We’re working out some ideas. They’re super busy and I’m not in a hurry. We’ll see. It’s always something.

Big thanks to @WrinkledPants at Overlandsoftgoods.com I got my XL sheets, and Large stuff sack/pillow. Great product and will definitely make the camper feel a little more at home :smiley:

7 Likes

Hey Wes! Glad the package made safe and sound. Shipping to Canada is a little bit of an adventure the first time!

1 Like

Those look great! Can’t wait to get my black and white plaid ones!

2 Likes

Those look really nice!

1 Like

Finally finished.

13 Likes

Very nice! I like that you still have half the bed for elbow or emergency sleeping room, and preserved the wheel well space, which is what I want for my dirty clothes.

I am curious what kind of wood you used? I built cupboard/shelves and a bed for my last truck (no GFC) but used way heavier wood than I needed, 2x4’s and 1/2" or 9/16" plywood. I want to do my next build lighter, and make my gas count for farther in the mountains, not just what’s in the truck bed.

Gotta say - those painted V1 frames look sweet!https://forum.gofastcampers.com/uploads/default/original/2X/2/231b85c1ac26bfacb21e01ccc978da116edc5c73.jpeg

1 Like

I used 1/2” birch for the drawers & top. The panels in the frame are 1/4” birch.

1 Like

I chipped away at some more storage today, made that small panel on the front of the bench for quick grab items. Reused some old waders for the frame bag, it also doubles as the back rest for my ‘couch’ when bedding is stuffed in it.

Taping out what I might want to do on the right side of the bed…and still need to get that 3rd brake light wired

31 Likes

Very Clean not cluttered nice work

This looks great! Very nice fit-n-finish and clever use of materials. Makes me want to go cut up an old set of waders I have in the garage! Bravo!!!

It didn’t take much doing on my part but I got my awning installed. Ironman Deltawing, so far so good. Easy in/out and it hit weight/price sweet spot. Ironman says it’s freestanding, but I need the poles down to clear it without paying attention.

Where did you purchase that from? Looks really good.

I got it from a local dealer, but you can order it straight from Ironman as well.

1 Like

I have the same ones ordered . Can’t wait to get them.

2 Likes

Received my mictuning led strips. I ordered the 2x60” RGB kit. They are a little longer than the side of the camper, by about 2-3” each. So FYI on that. Not sure what I will do with the excess.
I went this route because it cost me $40 instead of $400 for the ‘GFC Led kits’ out on the market right now.

Just gotta figure out my wiring plan to keep things clean and tidy.

I wrapped them in the corners towards the center. Ran power from battery, through the taillight and zip tied to the existing GFC rear brake light wire. I shortened the wire so that bundling them would be more manageable. Doing so in this area you don’t see wires at all. I can send pics later.

2 Likes

Photos would help. Looks like I’m gonna wait to install anyways, just ordered some 3m vhb to double up. And the little connectors between the led and the y-splitter are total garbage. Might have to just cut, splice and solder these to fit.

2 Likes

Here you go. Hope that helps. I used the original connectors no problem.

3 Likes