What have you done to your GFC this week

Added a Road Shower to the Martin Off Road roof rack with Prinsu load panels.

8 Likes

Do you feel it sloshing around when it’s partially full and you’re making a left or right turn?

Just put it on tonight so haven’t experienced it partially full yet. Will keep you posted. It is just wider then the Prinsu rack so had to place some spacers to elevate it to rest on the roof rack edge.

3 Likes

A guy can dream…I may not be able to ride bikes yet (ankle surgery); but I built the NorthShort rack. Still need to test it with a bike on to confirm that It’ll be ok with the canoe on. I will say, these racks are awesome! They’re light, and adjustable making it possible to open the tailgate when the rack is up. Only downside is the pivot for the upper portion is in the way to open the rear GFC panel! BUT guess what? You can open the side panels to access stuff :metal:

*don’t mind the dirty truck it got washed shortly after :smiley:

2 Likes

Finally finished the bench and installed a 15 gallon fresh water tank. A lot of work but worth it.

24 Likes

Built a bed platform out of some 1/2 Baltic birch in preparation for my install next week. Lined it with surf grass for the vibes… Plus it feels nice on the feet and my kiddo loves it. Planning to mount everything to this platform rather than drilling into the bed for mounting my fridge and any future drawer systems.

Also wired up my dometic hardwire kit to the bed to power my cfx55. Used an existing hole to route the wiring, but thinking about flush mounting it or hiding the wiring behind the outlets.

Currently building a platform system for my kids pack and play. With some storage underneath.

Super stoked for my install next week!

6 Likes

This looks great! 8020 frame with a wood top?

Thanks. Yea 80/20 frame and some leftover materials I had from a job site that I made the top with. Representing the PNW with fir :grinning:

3 Likes

Awesome idea! Details on how the fabric is attached?

Started the platform base for the Tundra. Plan is to secure the entire box/platform once built with turnbuckles to the back anchors. Will use tiny anchors in the base to secure a number of items to the platform. Now for careful measurements….

3 Likes

I don’t have mine secured and it doesn’t move an inch. Are you tying it down in the event of a roll over?

Good to know. My concern was more that I plan to put a PullKitchen on one side and a Fridge/storage area on the other side on a slide out and wasn’t sure how it would behave with both pulled out at the same time if not anchored in the back.

That totally makes sense then. Mine doesn’t have that type of setup so don’t need to worry about leveraging the box out. Nice tight cuts, I like it!

Did you mount the brackets to the awning before installing or to the gfc rails before?

I mounted the brackets first. I then put the awning on top of the GFC upside down and roughly aligned the bolts with the bracket holes. I then rolled the awning forward over the top of the brackets. Starting at the single bracket end, I pushed the bolts into the holes. This took a little weight off. I then worked toward the tail end which has two brackets. They pretty much went right in.

It was then just a matter of pushing against the truck, no longer lifting the awning, and getting the 3 top nuts started.

A ratcheting wrench would be ideal. The inner dimension of the brackets makes it a pain with short turns.

1 Like

Finally got some wiring done in the camper and bed of the truck. Switch panel, outlets in the top of camper, and lighting all done now.

3 Likes

black panels? I like that a lot more than the white ones

After dealing with rust issues on the coast, and getting inspiration from seeing @jedgar new beef rack plates, I made a new set of supports for my racks out of 3/16 bead blasted stainless. Made them 1.5 inches over stock.

6 Likes

I got it installed! Couldn’t be more stoked, this thing is so rad!! Camper #2454

5 Likes

Nice! Looks great and those should be plenty sturdy!

1 Like