What's up with new hinges

Thank you I knew about the other hinges as they were a plastic material. I thought I ask as these were made out of aluminum. Again thank you very much for the info and the update. I’m feeling a whole lot better about the situation now !

1 Like

THANKS for the update, and for making improvements, too. Since mine is only a couple of months old, I’ll stick with my plastic hinges for a while longer. Again, KUDOS to the whole GFC team!

1 Like

Will this bracket be replacing the one included in the premium beef :cut_of_meat: prime cut rack set up when you’re doing your build out?

yessir. :+1::+1::+1::+1::+1::+1::+1:

1 Like

Crazy question here but gunna inquire anyway: Per the vid, you show how it’s “super burly” and you guys haven’t been able to break it even though you’ve been trying. Given that: have you guys thought about the possibility of being able to mount things (i.e. traction boards, shovel, etc) to the side panels with their new strength?

4 Likes

That’s a great question… And that was going to be my next one?

2 Likes

Question In that video the campers panels were painted red and the bottom/base of the tent and the top portion of the tent was also painted red. Is that a option to have that also custom painted also on my camper?

Mounting cargo to the doors was considered in the early days. These hinges look like they can actually handle it more than the door panels. If you noticed in the video, the Beardless Wonder actually bent the door panel he was trying to jerk off.

2 Likes

It looks like it was bent up higher in the back evn before he touched it.

1 Like

Could be. I figure that at some point in their testing, it got ganked enough for the warpage to occur.

1 Like

Finally. Can’t wait to get new hinges installed.

1 Like

Mine (650ish) came that way. The holes where the struts mounts on the side panel rear are positioned slightly differently than on the front, so it’s slightly angled up towards the back. It’s symmetric on both sides, so I assumed it was intentional but forgot to follow up.

@GFC_Taylor can you comment on why?

2 Likes

That slight upkick on the rear corner of the panel is an intentional design, it was intended to push water forward on the camper if the panel was up in the rain. The panel sheet is still well within the modulus of elasticity, so any deformation while being opened wont be “remembered” by the panel when closed.

6 Likes

So … you’re saying you’ve put a lot of thought into the design. lol - as in, I’m not surprised, given all the other design features.

I haven’t noticed that detail on mine, but I’ll look again. Maybe that was slipstreamed into production.

Awesome, thanks for clarifying.

1 Like

If you guys keep fixing all the weak points in the camper and you’ll have no reason to keep around the warranty department. I can’t wait to get mine. A big reason why I chose GFC was for the service and continual improvements. it’s worth the wait for good product. Those new hinges are badass

2 Likes

This is awesome news Taylor. Go team GFC!

2 Likes

You guys really went above and beyond with this new hinge! Bravo! Having replaced all 3 of mine already, I couldn’t be more anxious to get these new ones!!! @GFC_Taylor @Mike_GFCUSA

If I never have to install another rivet my entire life, it will be too soon! LOL

3 Likes

You are telling me haha. Rivets are the bane of existence.

3 Likes

will we be able to attach items like maxtrax to the doors now?

3 Likes