What's your kitchen setup?

It’s all about cooking meals that work for you.

I love cooking but if you dont like it, get some add water meals / freeze dried. If you dont like cooking or add water meals, thats a tough spot. I do know people i used to go back packing with and they would just bring Cliff Bars and water for a 5 day backpacking trip…

Follow your heart.

Definately not a tough spot. I dont cook when camping or use freeze dried.
I jist batch cook a week+ at a time when at home or elsewhere.
Or i leverage other simple, storable fresh stuff.

Only reason i posted here was to show that you dont “need” a kitchen.
My coller works great and saves caluable space for orhe “vitals” like my SUP, Kayak, bike, running shoes. Etc.

1 Like

Hahaha, i dont think if eaten fast food of any kind in 15+ years.
No thanks to that garbage

then why you worried about a thread for kitchen setups? just stick to your plastic fast food and I’ll enjoy my steak on an open fire

1 Like

Thought it was good to share other perspectives to give a bit more context to future readers who are potentially deciding how to priorotize their space and do their own build.

Not sorry for trying to be helpful and have a duscussion.
Guess i didnt realize cooking was as toichy a subject as it is and people would get butt hurt that i choose not to.

P.s. as noted previously i dont eat fast food so im not sure why you are throwing shade my way

2 Likes

sorry everybody I just realized I came in this thread with heat and didn’t share my kitchen

I built this just so the propane stove fits under the fridge and the rest is storage with second battery and inverter. I can cook on the tailgate or on top of the “chest”

It was completely built out of pallets rescued from a dumpster. and yes I have a TV. this is my personal “break room” at work

7 Likes

2 types of people in this world: people who enjoy food and have a respect for what they put in their bodies and then there’s the plastic food eaters who think the rest of us waste our time enjoying the sustenance our bodies need.

which do you fall under? shoveling down freeze dried crap ain’t livin’. it’s sad you would pass that skill set on the next generation. stick to your chicken nuggets so the rest of can continue to enjoy our higher standards

Again, i have no idea why you are attacking me.
Ive said twice now i dont eat fast food or freezedried (unless im backpacking for anything more than 3 days)

Food is fuel, as an athlete i care deeply aboyt the quality of my nutrition. I just dont care at all what it tastes like and would much rather spend my time in other ways i find more valuable than cooking.

I am sorry my choices offend you so deeply, though i do not aporeciate you attacking me meedlessly and witgout meritt or attacking me for the values i choose to pass on to my kids.
That is wholly unnescesary and unneaded. I was jist trying to answer the question “wgat is your kitchen setup”
For me the kitchen stays at home and my truck kitchen is simply a cooler.

There was no need for the personal attacks.

Final note: i never once said i look down on anyone for how they choose to engage with cooking or food. I am very glad you enjoy cooking and all that goes along with it. I just simply dont enjoy it in the same way and choose to soend my time in other ways.
Please, by all means enjoy your steak, thats awesome cause it makes you happy! Just dont attack me for spending my time as i enjoy.

Hope your day gets better!

2 Likes

@blackhearse why are you attacking like this?

It does seem that everyone was simply sharing their experience until you got fixated on one persons desire not to cook and started going for the throat. We all want to get different things out of our camping and lives, this is supposed to be a place we can all share our experiences so others can learn from them.
It seems you are intent on tearing this guy down simply because he doesn’t enjoy cooking as much as you?
That seems a bit silly

2 Likes

sorry it’s a crotchety day and
sorry to you too @farrout33 but you did come on here:

you basically told me I wasted a quarter century of my life cooking like wasting our time on the internet forums

3 Likes

I dont want to re-start this whole thing.
But, yes, if you take that one line of a longer post out of context it does certainly make it appear that is what i said… but, if you wrre to quote the rest of that you would clearly see that i was ainply referencing my personal preferences and multiple times in that same post made it abundently clear that it is totally fine in my book for others to enkoy that time.
I just dont find it to be fun or a valuable use of MY time.

Context matters a great deal in quotes and writing.

1 Like

@blackhearse I don’t think I saw him say that…
He actually went on to say the exact opposite …

Let’s all just agree to disagree and move on

3 Likes

I like a good bagel, very versatile. Toast it up or fry it in bacon grease with all the fixings or slap on some toppings and eat it cold. The bagel, is this the food/fuel item that can bring us all back together?
:call_me_hand:

2 Likes

I am all about a bagel!!

… as long as we can all agree that its an everything bagel or nothing at all!!!

(:rofl::rofl::rofl:Totally kidding, all bagels are great)

1 Like

@farrout33 you just seem so invested in bashing people for enjoying cooking. There’s nothing better than making a good meal for a loved one and seeing their appreciation and enjoyment.

I commend you for enjoying protein sludge or whatever but why did you post on this thread in the first place?

3 Likes

It’s egg everything or nothing at all…good sir.

Unfortunately, my daughter has Celiac so bagels while camping (or any other time) are a no go these days.

My usual kitchen setup is a Jetboil and sometimes a dual burner old school Coleman when the family is with me. As someone who cooks a lot at home (albeit, not professionally), I prefer simple while camping (e.g. leftovers, freeze-dried, simple sandwiches, etc.). Mostly because I just hate cleaning dishes in the wild.

Let’s just all enjoy our bagels the way we want for any meal of the day. Some ways require a more extravagant kitchen setup and some require just your pocket knife. All kitchen setups are welcome here.

:bagel: :cheese: :bacon: :fried_egg: or :bagel: :peanuts:

:call_me_hand:

I havent condemned anyone ever in any of my posts. I have saud all along i think it is awesome fot people to enjoy camping however they want.
It is my personal preference not to cook and i personally value using my time in other ways.
I love for everyone to enjoy things how they want to. Thats rad

If i seem invested, its because i feel attacked for simply giving my own perspective

2 Likes

Just bought the same GSI last night! I’d be lying if I said it wasn’t mainly because it’s orange, but this little dude fits the 10.25" & 8" Lodge cast iron pans like a glove. :fried_egg::pinched_fingers:

(Sidenote: Stickerhead over here. They make everything better.)

9 Likes

My sister is Celiac and has been desperatly trying to find a decent gluten free bagel for some time now… no luck lol