What's your kitchen setup?

@farrout33 & @MBBME - These people look pretty serious about finding the tastiest gluten free options. Hopefully their list of ranked GF bagels helps out!

2 Likes

OK, now my favorite kitchen ever. Jealous doesn’t even begin to describe it. What are those rubber t-handle attachment things called?

1 Like

Thanks!
Here’s what I used

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B07GPFJPQD?psc=1&ref=ppx_pop_mob_b_asin_title

1 Like

Here are some pics of the kitchen I built. I can share the video tutorial for a drawer system I based it on and how I adjusted it for a kitchen.

3 Likes

Would love the video!

this guy is awesome. Video is super helpful and he responds to instagram messages and the like with questions. I basically added the vertical lift hinges to half of it, and made a cut out for the stove. The stove is held down with a velcro band to some eyelets during travel and you cant picture it but I cut a whole behind the face of it for the propane bottle hanger to pass through and allow the can to hang below the drawer.

4 Likes

Did not expect all the hate from people saying those that don’t like cooking must suck at cooking. I, for one, love every meal I cook while camping, but still vehemently hate cooking due to the clean up. If I could afford it I will always prefer someone else cool while I’m camping, even if it is of lesser quality than what I would make. So sorry, I don’t suck at cooking and still hate it :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

So what does your camp kitchen look like @Czukie ? :wink:

I have to admit, I don’t clean my kitchen very thoroughly. Doesn’t bring me any joy. Basically just throw some water in the pan to deglaze and paper towel most of the grease/food off the utensils.

I camped on Friday and had a killer meal. Sous vide tri-tip steak with crispy bacon-fried potatoes. Blueberries for dessert. Later that evening I made popcorn in the pan. For me, it’s a total pleasure. Everything seems to taste twice as good outside. You can see how stupid basic my setup is.

Edit: the next day was some egg on sourdough action plus coffee. What a damn treat.

4 Likes

Did you cut down an old santoku (or other style) knife?

1 Like

Yep, for a while I was having a lot of fun with this. I would buy old (but sometimes quality) kitchen knives at rummage sales, and then reshape/clip the blade with my waterjet, and then laser my logo on there.

6 Likes

We have the jet boil Genesis tucked in the decked system drawer on the right, which also holds a bundle of firewood and a kitchen box.

The kitchen box is the larger decked toolbox (D Drawer is the model I think).

To prep meals we just swing the ultraswing out, pop the clamp on the folding cook table w/ cutting board, open the deck drawer and pull out the two kitchen units.

Simple and effective. We also use the 3rd “burner” connection on the jet boil to connect the little water boiler (standard jet boil) to make coffee from a single propane connection.

The tailgate is perfect to spread it all out.

:smiley:

1 Like

This is my summer canoe tripping, winter camping, fish frying, truck camping all purpose camp stove/kitchen/silverware roll setup. I don’t cook much inside my truck, with the exception of boiling water for coffee, and I already had the Voyageurs outdoor Gear stove- it was designed by a guy for canoe trips, so it packs flat and is quite light, relative to the cooking surface/two burner setup.

I like it because I can cook standing up, and it’s easy to move/place near a picnic table, or anywhere else. Like I said, I use it on canoe trips, too, and when truck camping, it folds really flat. It uses the basic isobutane Primus Classic Trail backpacking burners, so they are easy to use, and easy to replace if something happens to it.

Made in Minnesota, by a nice guy, who was tired of hauling a green Coleman 2 burner stove on fishing trips.

3 Likes

This is our setup that we have been rocking for some time. Over the last year, there have been some small changes to it that weren’t originally in the plans when we built this for our normal topper that we had at the time.
In it lives 2 domestic go hydration jugs located under the faucet made by them as well.
A 5lbs propane bottle lives in the same cabinet as well that powers our old well-loved camp chef Everest literally for months at a time between refills
We use a domestic CFX35 to keep cold things cold
This pretty simple setup has worked well for us over the years.

7 Likes

Off topic but love seeing fellow go-fasters with dogs! Cheers to life on the road with the ultimate +1!

1 Like

For those who’ve built a slide out kitchen, how much does it weigh? I see a lot of people using 3/4” plywood which I’m afraid of being too heavy in combination with a GFC

I wanted something that can be easily removed from the truck bed when hauling stuff. I settled on Dewalt tough system 2 boxes. They have a two drawer unit that holds stuff like you might find in drawers in your kitchen (go figure huh?), and the smaller box locks on top of the drawer unit so it is easy to access the drawers and a hinged box on top. If I’m going for longer we bring along the larger box in addition to the drawer/small box unit. I just strap them along the front of the bed of my Tacoma (and two of them fit nicely side to side). So far so good.

look at www.nomadkitchenco.com

I know of them and have looked extensively. I’m more curious about the self built ones.

Is that a Captain and Stoker stickie?! Best roaster on the peninsula.

1 Like

Nice catch! I’m a big C&S fan, especially with them being next to one of the raddest car shops on the coast. Used to drive down from SJ just for the jitter juice and a glimpse at some rare oldies.

2 Likes