Zayne’s 2017 TRD Pro Build

what is the material you are using on the bed beside of the drawer? it all looks good!

3/4” plywood painted with Herculiner

Oh. You’re talking about the Bed Rug I think.

yep, thanks! so that is a bedrug. it looks nice and thick.

Yeah it’s just the bed rug mat. I cut it in half for the drawer, lol.
I’ve owned two other trucks that had full bed rugs and they have been great. They give the bed a little insulation, easy to clean, keep things from sliding around and getting scratched up, hold up great and offer some good padding for your knees when crawling around the bed.

1 Like

:champagne::beers:One more little necessity added, haha.

6 Likes

All systems ready for take off. :small_airplane:

7 Likes

Installed the DFG Off-road fridge slide for my baby Dometic CFX-28 fridge today.
Still waiting for my Dometic Hardware Plug Kit I ordered from them like 3 weeks ago to install on the passenger side for the fridge power.

4 Likes

Your build out is looking really good. The DFG slides work well. I’m very happy with the DFG tilting slide I have.

1 Like

Thanks man! I opted to save money and not get the tilt option. Didn’t think I’d need it since we’re tall and the tailgate is at my knees. Haha.

@2ayne nice build! Here is my birch setup that I had a local woodworking shop make up. I used high molecular weight tape for friction reduction and they are easy to slide even with 50+ pounds in the bottom one. 12" tall on the bottom and 8" tall up top. My Dometic CFX-75 Dual Zone is on a Dometic slide on the left with a full “parcel shelf” up top. I won’t have the drivers side toolbox on my GFC that the topper has and have my Costway portable hot water shower in that grey bag up there, my Grill with two small strips of heavy duty velcro on the legs to secure it down, works amazing. I have a Colorado ZR2 Bison, 5" bed. Drawers are full length.

2 Likes

Awesome setup. Definitely inspiring!

1 Like

Couple random photos from yesterday’s gravel road and coffee cruise with the boy.
Finally got the slide installed and Dometic Hardware Kit Plug installed on the passenger side. So far it’s working out great.
In the process of rebuilding my Waterport Rinse Kit with a upgraded brass shut off valve, coiled hose and better water nozzle.
I’m still thinking about ordering one of the 11.9 gallon front runner tanks to use for water if I can pressurize it with air like I have done with the waterport.

2 Likes

Do you have a link for the drawer slides used for your drawer system??

Sure do.
Drawer Slide, Full Extension, 48 in, Heavy Duty, 500 lb. Capacity, Zinc https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0009O9SLE/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_Jz3jEbW4DFA7D

Awsome thanks. Just picked mine up yesterday already finding inspiration for my build on here.

2 Likes

Awesome. Congrats! Let me know if I can help with anything else.

Awesome drawer build! How is it anchored to the bed? Latch looks similar to those on the side panels? Di you source that from GFC? Any issues with the drawer shifting during breaking/acceleration?

It is bolted through the bottom of the bed with a single bolt. It’s not going anywhere.
The latch is the same and I purchased it from amazon.

1 Like

What is that latch for drawer?