AERONAUT Outdoor -- Premium Down Quilts

SO good for all the snuggs :joy:

And yeah, we made sure it’s machine washable and also OK to machine dry (tumble low heat, with a couple tennis balls and you’re golden)

2 Likes

so we picked up one - which i gave to my wife for her birthday,
and as we went out last weekend gave it to her early. really loved the product - its like sleeping under a cloud, a really really warm soft cloud.

5 Likes

I love it!! Thanks for sharing those rad photos @d.shaw :fire: :fire: :fire:

Also, a heads up for everyone. These quilts are made in china. I should have been more up front about this, especially on this forum where we all value the amazing efforts to bring manufacturing back to the US. I know this is disappointing, but hear me out on our plan if you’re willing:

Our long term goal is to set up here in the USA as much as we can. For the quilts and level of manufacturing technicality they require, that can’t happen yet because there’s not a factory to approach here in the US. I’ve looked at it and with about 6 - 7$M I can probably set up my own factory.

:zap: The good news — I’ve worked for 12+ years at NEMO, Marmot, etc designing hundreds of bags from all several different factories, and the folks making the hoverquilt is by far the best of the best. Not just amazing quality, but the people are awesome, fair, and treat others really well who work there. The one thing better would be if it were in the US! Hopefully we can pave the way to do that someday soon :crossed_fingers:

I’m making some other accessories out of my garage but with rad machines (like “aerostraps” coming soon, that connect the quilt around any mattress or cool general utility straps). But I don’t have access (yet!) to a larger scale facility to make the quilts.

13 Likes

Appreciate the honesty and the desire to do what you can in the US. :metal:

2 Likes

Love this - if I wasn’t doing a warm weather build, I’d be all over it. Best of luck!

1 Like

I, personally, am not sure how folks can be concerned about made in China products. While I’d certainly prefer made in the USA products, we can’t seem to rid America of walmart and other similar stores flooding the American market with cheap China junk. I ordered a quilt and I have faith that there is American QC in play. I can’t wait to get mine next week and try it out later this month with some winter beach camping.

Peace.

2 Likes

I haven’t gotten mine yet. Issue with UPS but I will say, the guys at Aeronaut have great customer service. Quilt was lost or stolen or not delivered. Reached out to Brandon at aeronaut (late at night) and I had a new tracking number inside of 24 hours. Stoked to support good people making rad products.

3 Likes

We ordered two and received them a few days ago. Love them. Super soft, lightweight, nice and toasty. The kids are fighting over who gets one of them. I’m coming from using a double sleeping bag with my wife and we get the same warmth while packing down to nearly 1/3 the size.

2 Likes

Used my Quilt for the first time this weekend in the San Rafael desert. It was 12 Degrees at night and I slept perfectly comfortable! I had to wear less layers then with my 32 degree Thermarest bag, so I would say this quilt is a win!

Thanks, Aeronaut!

2 Likes

Thanks for the love everyone!!! :call_me_hand:

You took big risks in a blanket you hadn’t heard about or in lots of cases hadn’t seen in person. Thank you so much :pray:

** If you don’t mind adding in your honest reviews / photos (finally got that part up and running on our site!) it would be such a huge help for others who are looking:

** reviews of the hoverquilt **

Thank you, sleep loose, and enjoy your weekend!

3 Likes

I’m having a heck of a mail day today. Post sleep review coming tomorrow!

1 Like

Ttldr; A comfortable well constructed down comforter that will likely never fail you in it’s published comfort rating.

Went out with a weather report calling for an overnight low of 36f (2c) and got 22f (-5c). I’m pretty used to temps in that range and had extra stuff so it wasn’t an issue. I did manage to stick with just the Aeronaut most the night without being uncomfortable. When it got towards the lowest I pulled out a beater backpacking quilt and laid it under me so I could use the footbox. I sleep on a BA x2 Hinman in the camper so insulation from below wasn’t an issue.

The performance under the comfort rating was very much like that of my REI Magma 15, I never got so cold I was uncomfortable but as the temp dipped below the comfort rating, cold spots became obvious faster and it took more bunching to get rid of them, pretty standard stuff. I move a lot when I sleep so the blanket was more comfortable than a mummy bag.

It absolutely fills the sleeping platform, feels like it’s floating and the skin feel is soft and luxurious but didn’t snag or drag across rough skin. Quality of construction is very high there’s no loose threads, skipped stitches or anything like that I could find. Box baffled down can not be beat, and all the cold spots I experienced were from compression of the down not from the stitching or other aspects of construction.

The only issue I had with the blanket is that it’s a lot of real estate to manage alone. I’d get all bundled, fall asleep, and then some corner or edge would creep away from me, and I’d catch a draft and wake up. I spent a lot of time sleeping with just a Macropuff blanket this summer and didn’t experience this so maybe the materials are slicker and just like to wander more.

Since everything else was so good I have to nitpick, I’m going too. The only thing that seemed out of place to me was the cotton storage sack. It feels cheap compared to the rest of what you receive and it does not open/close smoothly as the bag material catches and bunches up on the draw string.

Definitely a 5 star product and I’m super excited to see what Aeronaut does next!

3 Likes

Awesome, what a great review dude! Really appreciate all this feedback too, it’s super helpful :call_me_hand:

1 Like

Just placed my order. Getting everything in place for my Feb 11 V2 install.

2 Likes

Awesome!! It’s on its way over to ya, stoked to see what you think! Thanks so much for your support!

Excellet! I am getting everything in place for my February trip to Belgrade. Plan is to get enough pieces in place one the install occurs to do some camping on the way back to California via Idaho, Washington, and Oregon. The quilt is a major piece of this

2 Likes

I received mine and gave it to my wife for Christmas. We both were quite impressed and the size is really nice. I will report back after some use but so far really like the quilt.

3 Likes

I also gave mine to my SO for Christmas. We both like the size, weight (or lack thereof), and warmth. :call_me_hand::call_me_hand:

4 Likes

Just placed an order for a quilt. Excited to see how it performs.

1 Like

Received my quilt today. Stellar workmanship. My daughter wants to steal it, ut she was happy with the stickers. Thank you for the handwritten note ams stickers.

2 Likes