AMA or Ask Us Anything About HEST Mattresses for GFCs

Will it be available for both the standard and XL sizes?

I also have the Decked system with the AluCab fridge slider/Dometic, and some other permanently mounted bits. I prefer the ladder for entry/egress, but my wife stubbornly prefers the panels via the truck bedā€¦ so we continue to go back and forth! If we were 100% using the ladder, the ā€œone pieceā€ hest would be great - actually our other mattress would be greatā€¦ Itā€™s a 15 degree EXPED mega mat duoā€¦ BUT when you look at entering with the panels, the solid mattress is shot. I will throw in, when I am camping solo I do prefer to move the smaller panels and keep the GFC in a bunk configuration so i can sorta do the sit/stand work thing. I just place the ipad on the bed and stand on my Deckd. Alternately, sometimes itā€™s just nice to sit on the bunk and let the feet dangle while drinking coffee.

1 Like

Perfect. Thank you.

Weā€™re starting with just the Standard Size!

3 Likes

@HEST apologies as I stopped reading. Feel free to not answer or direct me elsewhere: (1) came here to learn about pillow. Canā€™t imagine how itā€™s so fabulous but will invest in two and find out! :slight_smile: (2) why is Hest mattress better than the new GFC mattress, aside from I assume packability ~ is it decidedly more comfortable? (3) which of your mattresses is best suited for one person ā€œdownstairsā€ in a 6ā€™ bed 2024 Tacoma? Thanks!!!

:wave: Heya! Iā€™m SO stoked to finally be able to share that Iā€™ve been beta testing the all new HEST Dually Platform 50 these past two months. You can peek early photos of the prototype and read all about it here.

IMG_8961

Feel free to drop any questions here or on my build thread :handshake:

6 Likes

Oh man! The word is out!

5 Likes

Is it comfy? Haha. :call_me_hand:t3:

3 Likes

@enjoitheride haha Yes. I have been sleeping better in the camper than the accommodations on the trip thus far. :sleeping:

3 Likes

Awesome! Have you compared it to the Turbonap? Thanks, for getting back to me.

1 Like

Nice! If I hadnā€™t just bought a Dually a couple months before they announced this Iā€™d do it. $749 oof.

@enjoitheride I have not. I chose to stick with HEST given their expertise in the sleep system space, overall track record of good vibes, and my relationship with the folks on their team.

The dually long was already a perfect mattress for meā€”and the dually platform just takes it to next level :metal: :beers: Given all of this I personally never considered the TurboNap product.

4 Likes

Thanks for the feedback, dude. Much appreciated. :call_me_hand:t3::fist::us:

2 Likes

Finally got to use my Hest! First impression, it was so soft and felt like a squishy gel. I loved that. Went camping night before last and settled in for the night. After laying on it for more than a few moments, I realized my issue as a side sleeper was still thereā€¦ my hip bone was touching the floor. Shoulders, chest, legs were all cushioned and super comfortable (unlike the GFC mattress), but my hip was starting to hurt. I am a stomach and side sleeper, which the stomach position was very comfortable, but it just wasnā€™t working for me on my sides. I dont know how else to solve that issue besides using a inflatable foam mattress, but I am trying to get away from that inflatable part.

2 Likes

I see the preorder is up on their website but thereā€™s not a camper size option (full-size is 6" wider). Edit: I didnā€™t pay enough attention. I see the dimensions (and naming) is for midsize but might want to make it more clear that it wonā€™t fit full-size campers.

1 Like

Thank you for the feedback. We currently only have one size that will fit the standard mid-size GFC platform camper.

1 Like

Any time table for the full size version?

1 Like

Nothing in the works yet. But if we find that we have enough demand we will for sure add this to our product line in the future. Still trying to figure out the overall demand for all of the sizes out there.

2 Likes

It would be nice if there was some sort of discount since it is a preorder and not shipping for 2 months. :face_with_peeking_eye: Might also convince some TurboNap owners to make the switch.

2 Likes

Eye spy a @GainzGFC :eyes::heart_eyes:
IMG_0819

5 Likes