AMA or Ask Us Anything About HEST Mattresses for GFCs

Unpopular opinion - I would still opt for the regular Foamy vs pads cut to match the GFC’s original pads. The reason is that I have used my Hest in tents, as a makeshift bed when having guests over, etc. Some find it easier to move the panels out of the way, but I’ve never had a problem folding the Foamy back in half.

Regardless, I still say I sleep just as well on my Hest as my home mattress (that comes from a side sleeper with messed up shoulders) and it’s an opinion that everyone who has used mine has shared.

3 Likes

I’ll still keep my fingers crossed for anytime before June 12th haha.

1 Like

Any teasers on pricing? As someone who’s close to pulling the trigger on the turbonap it would be good to know how comparable the two will be.

5 Likes

Maybe I already asked, but can you confirm “perfect fit” mattress VS something in pieces such as the image/teaser above? If it’s more of the transform-a-floor version that will 100% impact my decision to wait.

2 Likes

Yes, the HEST GFC solution is transform-a-floor compatible. Like the image posted above

5 Likes

You bring up a good point about using the dually Hest pad as another option for a makeshift bed as opposed to the separate cushion pad options. I use a ladder to enter/exit the tent (to include my dog) and have a decked system with a fridge mounted on top of it so I never use the movable panels to enter the tent. I don’t really see any benefit of buying or waiting for the “transform floor” options on the market, plus I bet it will more more expensive, I actually like the idea that the HEST dually is about 12 inches shorter than the sleep platform area, it gives me more of an area to shove clothes, coats, etc, or room for my dog to lay. Any thoughts or opinions on my logic since you own an use one? Did you remove the GFC pads so you can fit the Hest mattress in the tent and close it also? Thanks

1 Like

I did remove the GFC pads, the tent wouldn’t close with both, and I don’t believe they were needed as the Hest are comfy by themselves. the 12 inches where the Hest pads don’t cover the floor is perfect for my Kylmit Drift Pillow, which I also highly recommend. I did try and squeeze my Aeronaut Hoverquilt in there too, but it was too much work trying to keep everything out of the way when closing.

I’m repurposing the GFC pads for a seat/bench in the bed of my truck.

3 Likes

Thanks a lot for the intel! Happy camping.

2 Likes

Will it be available for both the standard and XL sizes?

I also have the Decked system with the AluCab fridge slider/Dometic, and some other permanently mounted bits. I prefer the ladder for entry/egress, but my wife stubbornly prefers the panels via the truck bed… so we continue to go back and forth! If we were 100% using the ladder, the “one piece” hest would be great - actually our other mattress would be great… It’s a 15 degree EXPED mega mat duo… BUT when you look at entering with the panels, the solid mattress is shot. I will throw in, when I am camping solo I do prefer to move the smaller panels and keep the GFC in a bunk configuration so i can sorta do the sit/stand work thing. I just place the ipad on the bed and stand on my Deckd. Alternately, sometimes it’s just nice to sit on the bunk and let the feet dangle while drinking coffee.

1 Like

Perfect. Thank you.

We’re starting with just the Standard Size!

3 Likes

@HEST apologies as I stopped reading. Feel free to not answer or direct me elsewhere: (1) came here to learn about pillow. Can’t imagine how it’s so fabulous but will invest in two and find out! :slight_smile: (2) why is Hest mattress better than the new GFC mattress, aside from I assume packability ~ is it decidedly more comfortable? (3) which of your mattresses is best suited for one person “downstairs” in a 6’ bed 2024 Tacoma? Thanks!!!

:wave: Heya! I’m SO stoked to finally be able to share that I’ve been beta testing the all new HEST Dually Platform 50 these past two months. You can peek early photos of the prototype and read all about it here.

IMG_8961

Feel free to drop any questions here or on my build thread :handshake:

6 Likes

Oh man! The word is out!

5 Likes

Is it comfy? Haha. :call_me_hand:t3:

3 Likes

@enjoitheride haha Yes. I have been sleeping better in the camper than the accommodations on the trip thus far. :sleeping:

3 Likes

Awesome! Have you compared it to the Turbonap? Thanks, for getting back to me.

1 Like

Nice! If I hadn’t just bought a Dually a couple months before they announced this I’d do it. $749 oof.

@enjoitheride I have not. I chose to stick with HEST given their expertise in the sleep system space, overall track record of good vibes, and my relationship with the folks on their team.

The dually long was already a perfect mattress for me—and the dually platform just takes it to next level :metal: :beers: Given all of this I personally never considered the TurboNap product.

4 Likes