AMA or Ask Us Anything About HEST Mattresses for GFCs

Thank you for this comment! We love hearing that this mattress works. If possible we would love to hear your feedback as a review on our product page here for other GFC owners to know Camping Mattress Pad for Go Fast Campers | Dually Platform 50 - HEST

2 Likes

Mine just showed up today. Stoked to get it installed!

1 Like

Once I get a night or two in it Iā€™ll put up a full review

1 Like

Got my Hest Platform 50 installed this afternoon. Definitely a HUGE upgrade over the original V2 concrete foam. The worst part was trying to get the plastic panel into the mattress cover for the small square pieces; itā€™s a tight fit. My Overland Soft goods flannel sheets still fit great. It takes a little bit more to get the camper closed, but it seems worth it. Iā€™ll be testing it out on a camping trip in MT over the next week and Iā€™ll let you know my final verdict.

3 Likes

Installed ours today as well. Test it out soon-and yes the camper is a bit more difficult to get closed but got it!

1 Like

My concerns are getting the camper closed, also. I want to add the headliner, and I also have the VRNCLR roof panel. Iā€™m wondering if this is all going to create issues.

1 Like

I canā€™t speak to the headliner or the roof panel. I have no idea how thick and compressible they are. The mattress is very compressible, but I think you may end up with the extrusions bowing if you try to cram too much stuff up there. That could lead to water intrusion and a soggy sleepā€¦

1 Like

Hmmm. Wonder if the Turbonap was a better choice. I havenā€™t even unwrapped my Hest yet.

Any one elseā€™s Hest smell fishy on arrival? I know this can be a side effect of polyurethane production, but wondering if I am the only one. If so, should I expect it will go away relatively soon? @HEST

1 Like

Yup. I just let it sit out in my living room for a few days while I went on a work trip. It disappeared pretty quickly.

Whatttttt, you donā€™t like your stuff smelling like fish? I love when mine smells like microwaved salmon.

First night completed and all I can say is WOW! By far the best purchase Iā€™ve made for my camper. I used to sleep on the puffpad as a carryover from my old superlite - this is way more comfortable. I am a side sleeper and this easily compares with my home mattress. No shoulder or hip pain at all.

As others have said the closing process is tight, much tighter than when I used to leave the pad up there but itā€™s still snug. I was also able to get my OSG sheets on with a tight fit. I am thoroughly impressed! Hest - yall rock!!!

4 Likes

Yes our memory foam takes a minute to off gas after being opened. Should be good after an hour or two airing out! Let us know if this stays and we can help you out.

2 Likes

Thanks Shue for the feedback! If you have a minute we would love a review on hest.com so other GFC owners hear this feedback. Camping Mattress Pad for Go Fast Campers | Dually Platform 50 - HEST

1 Like

Is there a ā€œpro-tipā€ for sliding the square panels into the covers? I thought it would just be as easy as unzipping and sliding in but the opening is tight unless I remove the mattress. Then itā€™s about the same trying to get both the panel and the mattress back in there.

Solved, pro-tip is ā€˜some swearing and angerā€™ :slight_smile:

4 Likes

I ended up taking the mattress out, putting the panel in, then putting the mattress back in folded like a taco. Took some finessing, but it worked.

3 Likes

Yes, we recommend removing the foam, inserting the stiffening boards and then re-stuffing the foam.

You can see our technique for this in the 101 video here.

2 Likes

Thanks! I was trying to find that video! I remember watching it once before.

1 Like

For those of you with Hest/OSG topper/turbonap; I have found having the two smaller squares placed in the rear and flipped upside down can make closing the tent easier since the rear is where most of the tent fabric is located. This does mean you will see the cushions from below but I find it worth it to make things easier to close.

9 Likes