AMA or Ask Us Anything About HEST Mattresses for GFCs

Thank h you, i just got a roll of glow in the dark paracord this will be perfect for that app

4 Likes

Love it! The glow in the dark paracord is a nice touch

2 Likes

Setting up today, Iā€™ll post up my results!

2 Likes

4 consecutive nights along the California coast and I must say my sleep has never been better in the GFC. So stoked to get this upgrade, itā€™s made my nights more comfy. Apparently Iā€™m asleep within a few minutes so says my wife.

3 Likes

Thank you for this update and love that you enjoyed the HEST. We would love to have a full review on our product page if you have a minute https://yotpo.com/go/s473EVp5

3 Likes

This works great thx for the tip!

2 Likes

Another vote for the XL

1 Like

@HEST will be leaving from Montana to drive the pacific highway on sept 5. If you want a shiny new XL to measure I could swing by.

Thanks for the offer. But we havenā€™t begun any development on the Full Size yet.

If youā€™re looking for a HEST option in the meantime, you can pair a 25" and 30" Foamy for a 55 x 78" double mattress which fits the full size very well.

1 Like

Well, I wasnā€™t sure of the Softgoods Overland would fit on the Hest GFC mattresses. Hest hasnā€™t, and probably wonā€™t make fitted sheets based on the response from their support team. So, I made my own sheets!

10 Likes

Damn that came out great!!!

1 Like

@m0to, what fabric did you use?

1 Like

I used a percale cotton. It says it was for drapes but it works fine for sheets too. Itā€™s pretty soft. And it came in 108ā€ wide.

1 Like

Nice, those look great!!

1 Like

Anyone use a hest dog bed in the truck bed or cab?

Looks great!

Yes, both cab and bedā€¦

Any feedback/ opinions on the quality, durability, effort to clean, etc?

There perfect IMO pricey yes, however worth the money spentā€¦

1 Like

So far 10 nights on it since we got and weā€™re loving it. The only two cons I have

• The handles on the squares arenā€™t great. I sewed up some sheets and you basically canā€™t access the handles since they are attached towards the top of the mattress, not the bottom like gfc
  • It is a tight fit when closing up the tent. I donā€™t keep anything up there with the mattress, and itā€™s tight.

Otherwise, totally worth it!