AMA or Ask Us Anything About HEST Mattresses for GFCs

Good to know that so many find it positive.
I have the Sleep System, which I will be using in the bed of my truck on my way up to Belgrade next month.
I have yet to see a real good comparison between the Turbo Nap and the Hest.
I suppose I’ll run the Turbo Nap to start, although I worry about cold weather performance
(Hest is the only foam I’ve ever slept on that can handle the cold)

But now that I look @HEST, the Form-a-floor / Dually Platform 50 mattress has shown “Sold Out” for several months.

Is this something that will no longer be offered, or is it maybe something that will be available in a group buy, or regularly and things are just getting spun up for it?

1 Like

We are working on it but we got confirmation yesterday that we should have more available on HEST.com by mid to late October. We will post here when we get a final official date of back in stock. Hope that helps.

4 Likes

@HEST I’ve recently received my TurboNap.(RTT Version) I have about 8 nights on it. So far, I have not had a good nights sleep through the night. I run about 230# and I am 6’5". I am exclusively a side sleeper and keep waking up mid night with my hips sore.
I am wondering two things. Do you think the Hest mattress will offer better support for side sleep? And, what mattress fits best in the GFC RTT?
I am hoping to offer direct comparison between the two set up for those on this thread.

Sort of Hest related. I’ve got the new Dually Platform 50 (Super happy with it)

But, I got the email today saying the new headliner pro upgrade is going to be thicker. I’m already having to put a fair amount of pressure to close the tent with the Hest in there with nothing else up there. I’m guessing I should probably just skip the headliner? Anyone have a headliner and Hest now?

1 Like

My hest alone caused me to slow down the closure as the tent was more likely to spill over the edges. I added cheap, thin carpet squares to my tent ceiling, and there’s definitely more pressure when closing. I believe the hest plus the headliner would cause enough pressure that the sides won’t properly seal and you’ll see water intrusion. You could always just uninstall the headliner before closing, since it’s just attached with Velcro.

2 Likes

GFC Forum Community, we wanted to let this group be the first to know that we have more Dually Platform 50s available to purchase. We just got them in stock this morning and this is the first spot we are posting about it. If you signed up for an email you will get one later today. Let us know if you have any questions. Once again we only have limited amount for sale this round. First come, first get them.

9 Likes

Ordered mine! Will these be shipping out asap?

1 Like

Sorry for the delayed response. Seems like it’s on its way already to you. You should have received a tracking number in your email. Let us know if you have issues.

1 Like

No worries! Should be here tomorrow. Very fast shipping. Can’t wait to use it

1 Like

Take my money, do an XL

1 Like

Anyone on the fence about a hest, don’t fret, this thing is really comfy. Ive had the best sleep in the gfc since adding them. Have owned my gfc since aug 2021 and use it at least once a month for trips or work. I came from the stock 2”. With a OSG foam cut out topper. This is way better than that. For my downstairs i had a exped single which id dare say is about equal in comfort. I am around 185lbs and average build, i back and side sleep and its comfy in both positions, no touching the floorboards with my hip bones on my side. Waiting on winter to see how it performs in the cold but so far I am a happy camper.

I think my favorite part about it is that it doesn’t affect the transforma floor. If anything it stacks a little thicker when you pile them up in the front, but i can still get them all in pile neatly when i need the whole bed for work or chilling.

2 Likes

Anyone have an opinion on this new Hest vs the turbo mattress? Seems like Hest has been making more comfortable mattresses a lot longer than GFC.

2 Likes