AMA or Ask Us Anything About HEST Mattresses for GFCs

Wouldn’t it be possible to use the overland softgoods covers? As long as you have enough foam from the Hest

Nope. I have tried using 3-4 inches of foam and it’s too tight.

I had seen this thread in the past with little interest given the mattress doesn’t match the floor sections. However, if it did…

I would be highly interested.

3 Likes

When I visited Hest at Mtn Expo West in Denver, the individual I spoke to made it sound like it’s on their “radar” and something could possibly be released in the the next year.

To me, it’s an empty market right now and no one is answering the need or demand. It would be a little bit more involved though because you have to make brand new covers for the GFC to fit the custom cut foam. The foam would be awesome to have but without new covers, it’s pointless.

6 Likes

I agree. A solution that either replaces or can re-use the gfc covers would be ideal.

When I first got my OS topper I was able to fit it in them because I wanted to protect the foam a bit but it compressed it to the point where it was actually worse. I then stuck it on top and it was much better but still not quite as comfortable as I would like. But it seems to be the best option at this point until Hest graces us with an expensive upgrade that I’ll gladly pay for because you cant put a price on good sleep imo. Their pillows have already been a game changer for me.

4 Likes

No questions, but I did want to say how much I love my duallies, and how much more I enjoy my GFC, knowing I’ll sleep as well in it as I do at home in my bed. Having shoulder pain made me question whether I’d be able to spend many days in a row in the GFC, but my hest mattresses have alleviated that concern completely.

3 Likes

Yea I do have the say, the Hest is great. I have slept amazing since swapping it in.

3 Likes

Maybe Hest could do pads with their covers in the shape of the GFC panels, with velcro on the bottom. Add 3m velcro strips to the GFC panels and no need for new covers?

1 Like

@HEST pad on top of GFC pad? that would be 6" thick and almost into real mattress territory

Why stop there, just pack a full size mattress and then never close the tent :metal:t3: :sweat_smile:

4 Likes

Roof mount mattress. Beef Bar Bed Frame.

5 Likes

or just throw the mattress on the roof and have 4 people holding it down Hawaiian style

3 Likes

No, HEST pad on top of GFC panel

1 Like

sorry my eyes and brain aren’t working this morning

1 Like

@HEST do you have enough interest for custom panels yet? don’t make me beg to give you money

8 Likes

@ everyone in this thread

Begging GIFs | Tenor

6 Likes

I’m struggling a bit after a week out too. Next idea, water bed inserts for the GFC

1 Like

I spent 9 days in a row on the Hest. Slept amazing and didn’t wake up “aching” like I did in the past.

4 Likes

Could be a great option for carrying extra water :sweat_smile:

1 Like

OMFG! then if they leak…
inflatable-truck-bed-pool-1588009120

4 Likes