AMA or Ask Us Anything About HEST Mattresses for GFCs

I hit them up at Mountain Expo West as well, so at least they heard it in person from more than one of us.

2 Likes

I ordered the Hest Dually Long. Letā€™s see how well it works for me. I returned an exped megamat duo 10 sleeping pad because once it was inflated and comfortable it was a hassle to get out of the tent through the passthrough floor.

I need to the passthrough floor to get my dog semi easily into the tent.

1 Like

Youā€™ll love it. I carpeted the floor panels as well and it completely changed the inside of the tent.

When closing it in there, push the mattress all the way towards the front so you have the 12 inches of dead space in the rear. I have found itā€™s easiest to close it when set up like that.

5 Likes

We have the overland softgood memory foam kit up top, so itā€™s full w the sheets on. We put pillows and sleeping bag in a net attached to the underside of the floor panel. No room for the pilllws up top. The net holds both hest full size pillows & a dual sleeper bag.

And now GFC has released an upgraded mattress that keeps the tranform-a-floor. Contemplating returning the hest, but I donā€™t know if the GFC mattress will be better than the hest.

Hi itā€™s Elijah from HEST. We are looking for a midsize GFC Platform camper owner who lives in Seattle area and would want to help us out with a project. We will hook this individual up with some HEST gear!

5 Likes

Love the sound of thisā€¦wish I was in the area!

1 Like

Oh! If this is what I hope it is, one of you Seattle guys get up there! Down In San Diego or hands down Iā€™d help out.

1 Like

Good stuff to come :eyes:

4 Likes

Me too. Is this in the works or not? Iā€™m referring to the custom mattress for each panel for the GFC?

Did someone figure out a solution to the mattress panels with hest mattress? Iā€™m interested in this.

Donā€™t think there is anything official besides buying/making new covers but Iā€™d be willing to bet Hest is working on something in the shadows.

2 Likes

Im in Denver and If you need anyone in the square state to be a guinea pig iā€™ll be that guy! Also would love to see that transform a floor solution either way. Thanks Hest!

Is there something Iā€™m missing with the camp pillow? Its been difficult for me to pack it up in the mornings. Am I supposed to open the side zipper before packing away?

Stay tuned! We have something in the works

1 Like

This video shows how to stuff the camp pillow into itself for ā€˜travel modeā€™. If you need any additional tips, feel free to email us.

2 Likes

Got it. Looks like Iā€™m doing it the right way and some resistance is normal. Makes me feel better. Thanks for the video!

:call_me_hand: No problem!

1 Like

Awesome thank you. Definitely looking forward to it. Any time frame I should expect to wait?

We will send out details once we are closer to launching!

3 Likes