Awning blocks mod tool share

I think that means you are next.

Shoot me your info and I’ll send it when I’m finished doing my 6 eyelets

1 Like

…that box is probably getting low from the original 36….but If there’s 6 left after you’re finished let me know and I’ll send you my address :metal:t3:

2 Likes

Whoever ends up with the last few grommets let me know and I’ll pony up for another bag of them and send them to keep things going.

4 Likes

Can I hop in line? Just ordered a Shittco awning kit for my GFC and would like to install the grommets instead of the clips…

It’s looks likes it’s @ChrisH and me next.

I would love to get in line for the box. I can also add into the box some stickers I made.

Package received! Thanks @Funkyninja23 !

@symmetry_afield PM me your address and I’ll get headed your way once done. If I don’t screw it up there will be 9 grommets and 7 washers left.

10-4 …message sent…:metal:t3:

I lost my clips when I had my tent replaced at GFC in MT. If anyone is interested in getting rid of them, I’ll be happy to not buy an entire additional set-up, just to be able to use the poles that I have.

@CoachLarson like these ?

https://www.harborfreight.com/multi-purpose-tarp-clips-4-piece-63067.html?utm_source=google&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=12169520316&campaignid=12169520316&utm_content=120871689790&adsetid=120871689790&product=63067&store=&gclid=Cj0KCQjw4s-kBhDqARIsAN-ipH0aYDY9bwRPoFPyXMtW6Cur6POvzLvP9zk35LQ7mXnmhv05G4VZkwQaAh1kEALw_wcB

https://www.amazon.com/Clamps-Fasteners-Holder-Awning-Bungee/dp/B07ZD9R35W/ref=asc_df_B07ZD9R35W/?tag=hyprod-20&linkCode=df0&hvadid=385272075247&hvpos=&hvnetw=g&hvrand=11157992112748116282&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=&hvdev=c&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=9009970&hvtargid=pla-839443078239&psc=1&tag=&ref=&adgrpid=78829231816&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvadid=385272075247&hvpos=&hvnetw=g&hvrand=11157992112748116282&hvqmt=&hvdev=c&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=9009970&hvtargid=pla-839443078239

Thanks! This will work.

I’d be down for this!!!

After a few delays……I’m hoping the awesome
“Awning blocks mod tool share” started by @jedgar thread will come back to life.

First…. @mcmackoutside had a mix up with shipping….it took about a month, but I get it…shit happens and I finally received it….no worries.

…….after receiving the package I was FINALLY able to get around to it today.

I received 9 Grommets and Washers.

I used 6 Grommets and Washers.

It was a success….even though the Hole Cutter and Die Cutter had already been Sullied and Burred at this point.
…but hey……Life is Rough.

…3 Grommets and Washers remain.
(1 Washer arrived damaged but I believe is still useable after being banged back into shape)

So not much left is what I’m saying.

Not sure who’s next but may it be the Low Man Out.

@jedgar

3 Likes

I was just wondering how this was going! So glad it is alive still! Maybe send it back to me and I’ll restock it and we can keep it going. I’ll dm you my address. Thanks so much for keeping it going.

2 Likes

Hey! If this ends up in Reno/Tahoe I’d love to meet up and do this also. I’m in Reno and can meet up if you get the kit. This is such a neat idea!

1 Like

Cool I’ll restock it with grommets and send it on to @stickyTaco and then he can hand it off to @kaylawiz :+1:

1 Like

A few times a year when I was a kid, my mom would surprise us with a sourdough starter kit from the mail, unleashing the magic of creating the heavenly treat known as Friendship Bread. The package, sealed with a sturdy-ass ziplock, held a yeasty mixture that would eventually transform into a couple of scrumtralescent loaves. Like a crew of hyenas, my three brothers and I would pick away at it until the last crumb.

And so, the saga continued until the next time USPS delivered another kit. We often wondered why we couldn’t just make our own starter. After all, it’s not like some sorcerer on Sourdough Island was the sole provider of these kits. But, as mothers often do, she enlightened me on why Friendship Bread was different from other bread.

“They call it friendship bread because it’s a gift shared among the closest of friends and those we hold dear. Sure, I could whip up a starter kit tomorrow and make you boys a loaf each week, but it wouldn’t quite taste the same. It’s like savoring caramel rolls on Christmas morning; the year of anticipation makes it all the more worthwhile. So, each person takes a piece of the starter and passes it along with a heartfelt note to the next person on the list. Sometimes it’s our turn, our kitchen’s turn, and that makes our starter different and uniquely ours.”

While this may not be an exact Amish Friendship Bread situation, the essence of the process and the appreciation it fosters remain on par. It’s about good-hearted, patient, and kind people coming together to do something rad for the community, paying it forward with generosity.

Call me a hopeless romantic, but this topic never fails to stir something deep within me every time it gets bumped on the homepage. It serves as a gentle reminder that even the simplest acts of kindness within a community can have a profound impact, inspiring us to carry that same spirit into our personal lives for things both big and small.

Thanks again to @jedgar and everyone involved for starting this and giving the rest of us something to smile about. As the Mandalorians wisely say, “This is the way.”

10 Likes

@jedgar I ended up buying a tool and grommets a month or so ago so you can send the tool off to someone else if needed.

@kaylawiz, I’m in midtown and can meet up whenever to help you install some grommets.

1 Like

Right on! I’ll shoot you a message and we can meet up, I’m in Reno not far from you.

2 Likes