Awnings! What are your thoughts?

Also considering the roofnest little wing if I go for a 270 awning, anyone have that installed on their GFC?

Some pics showing our v3 bracket installed. From our customer: “Your bracket lined up perfectly with the other holes and brackets I used. A+”.

4 Likes

What do y’all use to tie off your 270 awnings? Getting the new CVT 270 next week.

1 Like

Ordered a FSR, still waiting for it. What are you guys using as an anchor or tie down point for the strap to keep the awning deployed? So far nobody makes anything like this how Kinsmen includes it with their awning brackets.

I was gonna just do something simple like this

I am awaiting my FSR as well on pre-order. FYI I called them the other day and asked about the legs. They will be putting individual legs up on the website for order (around $50). The legs right now only come with the room and I wanted at least (1) leg for super windy days where the wind pushes down on the awning; so glad they are allowing separate orders of the legs.

Actually going to call tomorrow and see if I can buy a leg now and have it ship with the awning to save $.

1 Like

Where can you find that anchor?

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B08P73WM8C/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

with Gzilla/GFC nuts.

1 Like

Cool thanks!

I have the FSR 270 and did exactly what @babyyota showed.

1 Like

Looks great! I’m new to the forum and considering the All-Cab awning. How much are your brackets? Thanks!

Thanks! $249 but I only have driver side left in stock.

1 Like

You may want to check this guy’s reputation before buying anything from him. Recommend messaging yotaftw and ask him what his experience was. Buyer beware.

It seems he has since made it right and posted the fixed bracket the last time I followed some of the posts.

8 Likes

agreed.

2 Likes

+1 we have to give people a chance to improve and not continue to hold them accountable for old stuff that’s been resolved.

7 Likes

I appreciate the support…thanks! I DO have some very pleased customers. My primary business is doing camper van mods. Here’s one happy camper:

Wanted to add my support to @cvollers. His bracket for the alu-cab shadow awning was direct bolt on with no modifications needed. The bracket is solid and well made. He did a great job with communication and overall super satisfied.

4 Likes

Thanks brother!

1 Like

Just had some help installing the new CVT 270 awning with my buddy who works there. Stay tuned for when I can open it up somewhere other than my driveway :call_me_hand:t3:

3 Likes

Excited to hear how you like the CVT. The 270s in general are mostly bomb! Game changer with the set up n take down time. Actually want to use mine more lol

1 Like