Bed layout ideas?

I have a decked system and love it. I just got a bedrug, the one you cut to size, and its a game changer.

1 Like

15 Likes

Looking good man!! Luxurious even!!

3 Likes

Awesome dog @pichizzel :+1:

1 Like

Thank you!

Duuuude the fold bench is awesome

1 Like

Just a place to sleep :sleeping:

4 Likes

that bunk is a fucking excellent idea!!

2 Likes

LOVE the bunk. Tell us more… zooming in, it looks like you tapped and screwed into the cross members?

3 Likes

Definitely wonder why the canopies get those fancy attachment points while the camper gets the well nuts

2 Likes

Got a thread going on the cott. I’ll be updating it soon.

If it have a GFC Camper yet, but already thinking how I’ll sleep my family of 4. I’m
Trying out BamBeds and some Rubbermaid bins. Not fussy, but I think it will work to sleep two in the bed and two in the tent.

4 Likes

Gonna work no problem. I used that setup for years without a GFC for 2, then still use a similar setup now for a family of 4. You will find thought that the totes slide around. What I did instead of the extra weight of that birch, is drilled a hole in the tote and put a rope through it. That way I could pull on the back bin to pull both bins out. Ran like that for 10 years with a topper pre-GFC.

1 Like

To prevent sliding I could add some netting+d-rings.

1 Like

Since I see you have a tacoma and don’t have the camper yet make sure to do some research here on waterproofing the bed. You can do some tape under the bed sides and plug the holes in the front. That is best done before getting the camper. Then you can add a tailgate seal around the back, but that can wait until after it’s installed. I think you’ll want as much water proofing as you can get since you’ll have the wood back there.

1 Like

Good thought! I have a bedrug installed now. I’ll do as you suggested, as well as research here in the community.

This is the video I used and followed when sealing my bed after someone else linked it. It took me 3 tries but now after sealing it the 3rd time and using the tricks in this video, I’m like 95% sealed up which is good enough imo.

It’s the front rail and the 2 corners that are the biggest pain in the rear on the Tacomas. But highly recommend sealing under the plastic caps because there are TONS of holes under them. I also sealed and popped out my cubbies and invertor to seal around that as well as the taillights. You will also have a few drainage holes on the floor/bed of the Tacoma.

my rec is to put your fridge in the backseat of your cab and then keep the floor of your bed totally empty with removable bins that you keep your gear in. use behind-seat storage in the cab for heavier/bulkier recovery stuff that you won’t need often.

i did this with molle panels on the side, bedrug, and carpet on the gfc panels. got everything i need quick access to on the wall, and everything else in three front runner gear bins I can move around.

plenty of room, especially w/ the bike and bins out. space enough for three people to lay down

9 Likes