Coastal - 2019 Tacoma Build

Appreciate it, @Buhlockaye…if you have any pics, that would be awesome! :metal:

@Tailhook.Actual check out This thread. I added some photos but if you need more, shoot me a dm and I’d be happy to discuss further! Goes for anyone who sees this hahaha.

3 Likes

@Tailhook.Actual Yes, the wiring then enters into your camper and you can connect to power however you would like from there. @Buhlockaye sent me some photos before I installed my lights that were super helpful. I however, forgot to take photos of where it enters into the camper :expressionless:

1 Like

Outstanding…thanks, guys!

Overnighter:
No real build updates, very happy with the set-up as is. I did try out adding an old Thermarest inflatable sleeping pad underneath the cushions and seemed to sleep much better. Will likely be using it from now on.

4 Likes

Interior Lighting (Update):
The LED connectors eventually failed due to the repeated movement from opening and closing the back GFC panel. This created a bend/stress point for the wiring/connector/LED strip. To solve this I cut the back panel LED strip off and attached a new strip to the top circular bar of the camper. This way the LEDs don’t move when opening or closing any part of the camper. For good measure I soldered them and added a good amount of VHB tape. Seems much more solid now!

3 Likes

Recent Adds:
Took the truck in for the 60k mileage service at a Toyota dealership and also had the spark plugs and differential/transfer case oil replaced. When I picked up the truck I noticed it felt loose and had a bad shake at highway speeds so I took it back in to find out that they forgot to torque down one of the wheels. The dealership ended up owning their mistake and offered a few things to right the wrong. I wasn’t planning to upgrade my wheels anytime soon, but now have a fresh set of Method wheels on the truck. Lesson learned to always check other peoples work…

I later added in the OEM Tailgate Lock and its a world of a difference. Now the truck fully locks up keeping the truck bed contents safe and I don’t have to manually lock the tailgate when getting in the tent to camp. Very straight forward install as well!

1 Like

That’s a nice upgrade! Thankfully nothing bad happened. IMO the remote tailgate is the best upgrade bang for your buck.

1 Like