Colorado GFC Members

Truck was recovered and brought home this morning. no damage, minimal things missing. It was ultimately found less than a mile away from where it was taken from. Huge shout out to @Thayne and the GFC guys for the support and everyone in this community. unreal support from you all.

Now time for some beers and a nap…

4 Likes

@Bholm91 - Thanks for the shout! While the circumstances sucked, it’s great to hear the truck was nearby and unscathed. Big ups to this forum and everyone else who jumped in to help Ben out. :call_me_hand:

1 Like

Your post made me realize nothing is safe these days…especially in Denver. I ended up putting in Apple Airtags in both my truck and in the camper. I found some waterproof tag holders with 3M tape and secured them in not-so-obvious places.

i pulled the interior this weekend and deep cleaned as well as hid an airtag in the truck and today im going to find a spot for one in the GFC

anyone interested in coming to the Billy Strings festival in Buena Vista this weekend. my friend has two extra tickets with camping included. They also have early entry (thursday) included. looking to sell for Face value

I think I need a better camera!

Just joining the GFC community, but wanted to echo this. I had a stealth cargo trailer conversion before and it was stolen over night from Aurora. Had an Airtag in it and the police recovered it still hooked up to the guys truck 10 minutes after I called it in. They aren’t perfect but its well worth it to hide one in your vehicle or camper!

1 Like

this was all i needed to read to convince me to get some for our truck theft finally is one of my largest concerns!

Eagle, CO. Just got installed on Friday! Settled on the GFC for my Tacoma after talking to this guy at Storm Peak Brewing in Steamboat last June ‘23 about his setup. If that happened to be you, thanks my guy!

hell yeah! congrats!

Was this guy you talked to at Storm Peak deaf?

Just got my Diesel heater set up and I’m going to break it out this weekend Sunday night at Winter park. Gonna be chilly! I guess the DL is that Lot G will let you camp if you have an inclosed toilet, and are there less than 3 nights. All you have to do is check in with them. Finally someone is giving love to us ski/board bums. Next up… Steamboat in the coming months!

1 Like

I also let them know I follow the leave no trace policy… besides tracks lol

Yup, G lot. I’ve had some friends do it. No a fan of WP so never have. I think there is a few areas outside Steamboat that allow camping.

Its kind of hard here in CO. Edwards Rest Area constantly has a lot of people sleeping at it. Mayflower Gulch, etc. Before I get slammed for sharing…these are constant well known ones all over the Ikon/Epic Van Life Group on FB.

1 Like

Hell yea thanks… I’ll be respectful of not letting the word get out. I’ts just usually a solo mission with me anyways.
Maybe I’ll see you on the hill sometime.

Got my eye on a spot by the Boat. Looking foreward to checking it out soon.

1 Like

Ya, all of those are well known, so no worries.

I moved down to the San Juans last year so mostly only ride Wolf Creek now as its 30 min…well until I broke my foot 2 weeks ago. Now I am sitting here just watching it stack up!!!

Ah man! Hope you heal up. Thanks again:)

1 Like

@OverlandKyle He was not

Wasn’t me then… I’m at Storm 3-4 times a week… there’s quite a few of us in town