Is the V3 here? June 18th Update

I am grateful GFC did a V2 pro version with the option for existing customers to upgrade. As opposed to a V3 exclusive forcing a purchase of a new camper to get access to the new features. They could have gone that route and all the folks getting campers now would have been even more disgruntled (simular thing happened from V1 to 2).

1 Like

100% how i feel now. I had an 8/23 install really really regret taking the suggestions from gfc to move up to April.
I really had no need or reason to move up as i planned the August install around a roadtrip wife and i are still taking. Heck only bought the camper so early cause install dates were filling up fast didn’t even want to order it until May/June but had no choice if i wanted an specific date in aug to line up with the drive from yellowstone to glacier. I even asked them specifically with an Aug install would that get any updates answer was yes. Argh should have just said no to moving it up

The headliner no biggie prob an easy mod but the all new tent is a huge bummer to miss out on.

Edit also will add the previous recent changes to the tent such as door pockets and additional tent material along with turbonap and double sided keys also made me feel like @shadesbro that there wasn’t going to be a need to wait a couple months for a major update

1 Like

Some good info on the FAQ page

1 Like

I don’t think you would’ve received the upgrades at the discounted price. I have a buddy that bought during the promo and was offered the upgrades at an extra cost. While I get where you’re coming from(V2 owner prior to Turbo nap, billet bed clamps, etc), I think folks like you should look at it that you got the camper you wanted, at a discounted price, months ahead of what you thought when you pulled the trigger. And now you can put the money you saved towards the upgrade. I hope that perspective makes you feel a little better. I’m personally ecstatic at the updates and that I’ll be able to upgrade to them as opposed to an entirely new camper where we would just be SOL. I made the upgrade to the turbonap already and felt like I got a new camper. Now I get to do that again. While its hard for a company with 8k campers out there to make everyone happy, I’d say they’ve done a pretty good job. Hopefully theyll offer a discounted upgrade to existing owners like they did with the Turbonap

1 Like

Also in the faq the compatability of V2Pro parts with V1 and V2 versions

The website says a la carte upgrades and bundle kits for current owners.

Also shows what isn’t upgradable (ex: latches because the opening is different)

2 Likes

I hear ya, and appreciate the perspective!

My thoughts are all speculative for now since we don’t have all the info, and if they offered me the upgrades for the cost difference of what I paid vs what the new camper is now (~$700) I think that would be fair, as half the upgrades aren’t even compatible according to their FAQ page.

It just (speculatively) feels like because I chose the wrong new install date, I now have a discontinued version of the camper after two months of ownership. Where if I would’ve just not changed the original install date, or chosen a different one, I would have a completely different camper seemingly for the same price.

6 Likes

All of what’s new.

It is cool to see they are listening and learning and adapting based upon what their customers are asking for!

2 Likes

Not a bad point since others can pay $1000 for the PRO upgrade. Current installed owners should be slightly less since we can’t get a lot of that stuff thats incompatible with the no-pro.

3 Likes

I thought we got all the big changes like you mentioned. Pockets, mattress, and bi-directional locks.

1 Like

It only took losing some huge faces for the company for them to make changes.

5 Likes

Unfortunately it looks a bit like a bait and switch…I’ve loved the customer service I’ve received thus far with the whole ordering process and answering questions, but I cant shake that the timing of the discount and then subsequent announcement has me wondering if it was planned.

R&D for these options doesn’t seem viable from start to finish in the last 60 days.

6 Likes

I don’t see this on the GFC site, am I missing something? Do you mean the latch covers or are they selling the new latches for upgrading existing campers?

1 Like

@psymmes The new pro camper will be receiving a whole new latch and subsequent latch covers. The new covers will NOT work with the non-pro campers without modifications as the new latches are larger

1 Like

It is absolutely unfortunate and sucks to see but that’s how things go. All is to be expected.

1 Like

Who cares LOL. GFC has been constantly making changes and updates from the very beginning by listening to ALL their customers, not just some whiny youtubers. All the while sticking to their original mission and MO. And now they’ve just decreased the gap in features compared to their closest competitor and still thousands of dollars cheaper.

1 Like

@sanfilipposd It matters to those who have created a business/side gig out of it. Always sucks loosing people tightly woven into the community, even if they are just “whiny YouTubers”. Always gotta look at both sides. Some people DO care, even if it doesn’t affect them

2 Likes

There are a current set of latches that are available. They are an upgrade, as you can insert the key either way. You can contact GFC for these. They fit on current “standard” v2’s without modifications.

The v2 Pro is coming with fully new latches, and they appear to be much better. The v2 Pro version comes with the latch covers. These would more than likely involve cutting current customers panels. They appear to be a bigger latch.

2 Likes

Haha you must be talking about my video :wink:. I had talks with quite a few interal people a little over a year ago and they implemented a lot of the stuff/feedback. It wasn’t just me either but quite a few notable people and those who used the camper year round gave quite a bit of constructive feedback. Graeme is doing great things and when we chatted back in December he mentioned he was turning things around. So far, he has kept alot of those promises and it’s great for the community and future customers.

8 Likes