Is the V3 here? June 18th Update

Welcome to the forum! I did not get windows and do not regret my decision. Its a subjective choice based of your needs but i like having complete privacy in the “downstairs area”.

2 Likes

Right like who wouldn’t jump on an earlier install with no hint of new big things coming. Was a no brainer for me to move my date. There were zero downsides at the time. “I was like heck yes I get to spend the summer camping and enjoying my GFC”.

Obviously is what it is. I’m on night #9 and love it but definitely hope the upgrades won’t be a far fetched for the cost.

I am happy for others who get to benefit from owning the PRO :call_me_hand:t3::call_me_hand:t3:. Also for GFC to hearing all the concerns and making changes for new customers and paths for upgrading of current customers.

5 Likes

Originally ordered both windows and decided against it a couple weeks in on my build and removed the rest window option looks clean and more secure. I do not regret this!

1 Like

I am definitely grateful and feel like I lucked out on timing. When I ordered, install dates were actually pushing out to October, but when I had contacted customer service with a question about scheduling, was told there was a cancellation resulting in a slot opening up in July so I placed the order. Whether it was a sales tactic or not, GFC customer service is off to a great start!

If anyone from @GFC is reading this, I’m hoping the upgrade kits will be customizable. A new tent and new latches would be fantastic. I’ve already solved the mattress problem with a Hest, and I couldn’t care less about a headliner if the new ventilation works as advertised. If it’s an all-or-nothing upgrade I’ll probably pass.

6 Likes

I doubt it will be all or nothing for existing customers. I’ve already upgraded my mattress and added lights and a headliner. They came up with these new features based on input and diy from customers like myself(not taking credit, just that I’ve done most of the gripes) so all or nothing wouldn’t make sense.

2 Likes

Maybe for those that didn’t buy on promo and rescheduled the install to earlier they could offer a discounted upgrade price or something? Just doesn’t seem right that if we didn’t up our install date we (seemingly) would’ve gotten the updated camper for the price we already paid. Will be interesting to see how things play out July 1st.

I am grateful GFC did a V2 pro version with the option for existing customers to upgrade. As opposed to a V3 exclusive forcing a purchase of a new camper to get access to the new features. They could have gone that route and all the folks getting campers now would have been even more disgruntled (simular thing happened from V1 to 2).

1 Like

100% how i feel now. I had an 8/23 install really really regret taking the suggestions from gfc to move up to April.
I really had no need or reason to move up as i planned the August install around a roadtrip wife and i are still taking. Heck only bought the camper so early cause install dates were filling up fast didn’t even want to order it until May/June but had no choice if i wanted an specific date in aug to line up with the drive from yellowstone to glacier. I even asked them specifically with an Aug install would that get any updates answer was yes. Argh should have just said no to moving it up

The headliner no biggie prob an easy mod but the all new tent is a huge bummer to miss out on.

Edit also will add the previous recent changes to the tent such as door pockets and additional tent material along with turbonap and double sided keys also made me feel like @shadesbro that there wasn’t going to be a need to wait a couple months for a major update

1 Like

Some good info on the FAQ page

1 Like

I don’t think you would’ve received the upgrades at the discounted price. I have a buddy that bought during the promo and was offered the upgrades at an extra cost. While I get where you’re coming from(V2 owner prior to Turbo nap, billet bed clamps, etc), I think folks like you should look at it that you got the camper you wanted, at a discounted price, months ahead of what you thought when you pulled the trigger. And now you can put the money you saved towards the upgrade. I hope that perspective makes you feel a little better. I’m personally ecstatic at the updates and that I’ll be able to upgrade to them as opposed to an entirely new camper where we would just be SOL. I made the upgrade to the turbonap already and felt like I got a new camper. Now I get to do that again. While its hard for a company with 8k campers out there to make everyone happy, I’d say they’ve done a pretty good job. Hopefully theyll offer a discounted upgrade to existing owners like they did with the Turbonap

1 Like

Also in the faq the compatability of V2Pro parts with V1 and V2 versions

The website says a la carte upgrades and bundle kits for current owners.

Also shows what isn’t upgradable (ex: latches because the opening is different)

2 Likes

I hear ya, and appreciate the perspective!

My thoughts are all speculative for now since we don’t have all the info, and if they offered me the upgrades for the cost difference of what I paid vs what the new camper is now (~$700) I think that would be fair, as half the upgrades aren’t even compatible according to their FAQ page.

It just (speculatively) feels like because I chose the wrong new install date, I now have a discontinued version of the camper after two months of ownership. Where if I would’ve just not changed the original install date, or chosen a different one, I would have a completely different camper seemingly for the same price.

6 Likes

All of what’s new.

It is cool to see they are listening and learning and adapting based upon what their customers are asking for!

2 Likes

Not a bad point since others can pay $1000 for the PRO upgrade. Current installed owners should be slightly less since we can’t get a lot of that stuff thats incompatible with the no-pro.

3 Likes

I thought we got all the big changes like you mentioned. Pockets, mattress, and bi-directional locks.

1 Like

It only took losing some huge faces for the company for them to make changes.

5 Likes

Unfortunately it looks a bit like a bait and switch…I’ve loved the customer service I’ve received thus far with the whole ordering process and answering questions, but I cant shake that the timing of the discount and then subsequent announcement has me wondering if it was planned.

R&D for these options doesn’t seem viable from start to finish in the last 60 days.

6 Likes