Just got an email V2

Mine is a trail boss too! Just traded in my 2018 Tacoma DCLB for it.

I wish we were a batch of 2 :wink: but starting in 2020, the 2500 (or HD models as they are known) deviated from the 1500. A GFC for a 1500 will not fit on a 2500 bed, see below for differences. Confirming with GFC that they are aware.

@blackhearse I just got spot #1942 - I’m right with ya with a Ranger supercab. Are you still waiting?

353 days since my initial deposit and they still have no idea when…

@blackhearse Ugh… that is heartbreaking news. Hopefully it happens soon for you. I have yet to be contacted by them to let them know what rig I have - so hopefully knowing another Ranger 6’ bed is in line will encourage them to configure the camper :crossed_fingers:t2:

I have a 2019 Ranger 5’ bed build #1788. It looks like the 6’ bed is “coming soon” according to their update.

@Teamearlydawn @GoFastRanger after that announcement I emailed twice, called 6 times(with no response) finally 4 days later I got a vague “we are getting to it we’ll let you know” response. On day 342 I left a review on BBB.org and next day I got a call to install my camper… freakin amazing… They though I have a 5’ bed. I’ve told them 4 times what I have

1. initial deposit
  2. random inquiry for planning purposes
  3. at payment 11/3/2020
  4. V2 announcement 1/18/2021

…I’m surprised they got the right brand of truck… this is what I get for going with the cheapest wedge camper on the market. I have build #1229. should have went with Snap! outfitters

3 Likes

Wow that is really rough, I’m sorry to hear. What did they say about their mistake? Are they offering any incentives for you to not just get a refund?

a GFC hat, GFC cup, an actual handwritten apology, and also I don’t get put at the end of another year long wait line with another company. disgusted with the whole process. so disgusted I’m not excited anymore

2 Likes

Go Fuck-yourself Campers… is a more accurate version of this company’s name. They killed my excitement as well. Good news is once you get the camper you get to forget about these tools and get back to what matters.

You also get to tell anyone who asks about it to buy something else.

GFC don’t care, so I’ll match their “vibe”.

Be well dude

1 Like

amen

I might be getting vinyl decal if i ever get my camper…

1 Like

You’ll have plenty of places to stick it as their vinyl, they applied without cleaning the panels properly first… starts to peel off in the first week. They’re fully in the weeds, have no plan to get out and lack the leadership to right the ship.

Where’s the truck topper they started hype beasting this winter… pretty sure Leer, ARE, smart cap made millions of them last year.

And to the fanboys that say this is normal since 2018, humans can get use to anything. I’d suggest many of you look up the term Stockholm Syndrome… you’ve “fallen in love” with your captures.

As always be well, travel safe.
AD

1 Like

Wow, I understand your disappointed, okay, I can see why you’re not happy with GFC. Slamming happy customers, WTF is that about? Well, I guess I agree, Go Fuck Yourself.

7 Likes

Yeah I agree with the above poster. We get that you are unhappy and justifiably so, but no point in shitting on happy customers who have had good experiences and didn’t do anything wrong. Posts like this make your opinion on your experience way less valuable imo.

8 Likes

Well odds are something may go wrong with your camper in the future and you’re going to have to deal with them again. Then they’re going to remember being called a tool and cussed out on their own forum and probably be real shity to you again. Right? Why not just sell it?

6 Likes

i would be happy to sell my spot to anybody who can get me in front of any line with ANY other company. I have build #1229 that will get you to front of GFC line no matter what truck you have

2 Likes

Well that’s not likely. Good luck.

Jeez dude. A lot of “here’s what you need to do for me right now” from you on this forum. Entitled much? Its pretty simple. Free market. If you don’t like the product, scrap it and go somewhere else (lots of different ways to achieve this objective). For the past few months every post on here from you is pretty annoying because to put it simply, you’re a huge whiner. Put on some big boy pants and handle the situation like an adult. Same with @Camper1088. If you guys are this unhappy about a camper (not excusing errors on GFCs behalf as there have obviously been some), what do you do when actual life problems hit you? You must completely fall apart if this is what a first world problem regarding a camper for your truck does to you.

Have a great afternoon (seriously)…it sounds like it would help your blood pressure, general health, and overall happiness. You might actually make a friend too.

3 Likes

Time the fuck out, I didn’t insult anyone that’s managed to enjoy their purchase process. I was simply backing up my guy @blackhearse as he did for me, when I was getting the high hard one from GFC.

My point is that the same fan boys show up to rag on any dissenting post. My point being proven again here, cause its the same group of ya’ll.

@Trout say it on the internet that’s a cop out, say it in the street its an knock out (yes thats taylor swift mofo). GFC knows how to get a hold of me if they want to have a big boy convo.

@jedgar , you make some cool shit, I enjoyed my interaction with you and your brand. But I could give 2 shits about justifying any part of my experience with GFC with you.

@Kwood this company sells a product on the open market, I ain’t scared of telling them how I feel about it and have already had to contact them about a warranty issue. I don’t work for them, they work for the customer. Other wise we have ways of settling disputes in this country. Why not sell it? As @blackhearse mentioned, so I can get back in line for camping gear.

As for GFC, they’ve controlled the process the entire time, if they want me off the platform… its a button push.

Stop fighting for this company like some drunk guys girlfriend in the parking lot of hooters. My guess is people were fans of Enron too.

Be well, travel safe.

AD

Dang @Camper1088. I actually listened to your rant thinking you had some legitimacy and then you go full mike drop and quote Taylor Swift. Good lord.

Like I stated above, some sort of breathing techniques (think Wim Hof) or exercise might relax those veins sticking out of your forehead. You’ve got the perspective of a six year old who didn’t get the flavor ice cream cone that you wanted after mommy and daddy got for you because you finished your plate of spaghetti. You must be pretty stoked dropping that straight fire on a forum about truck campers. What is the actual point of anything you are saying? Glad you have your boy @blackhearse’s back. How does that work on the internet? Kinda seems awkward but given your logic and “total accountability” here on the prestigious internet, I’m pumped to hear your response.

5 Likes