Just got an email V2

The beauty of this country is, I respect your right to that opinion.

Be well, travel safe

1 Like

Sorry to see this aggressive response. You don’t have to justify anything to me and I didn’t ask you too. I was voicing my opinion that when someone says “I am upset because of x,y” I try to listen and value their opinion.

When someone calls people “tools” and says anyone who likes them has Stockholm syndrome their opinion has less value.

I am not asking you to value my opinion on this either of course, but I like this forum and everyone I have met that works at GFC and owns a GFC so far. Good luck with your camper and I wish you the best of luck.

2 Likes

i have no camper yet. how could I be happy with it? GFC service is horrible from my experience

Man, how cool is that? I remind someone of a Taylor Swift song I never heard. Is he a Taylor Swift “fanboy”?
And the Stockholm Syndrome, what a joke, how could you possibly make a reference to that, how could you? You Are Discussing. Happy GFC campers exist! Sorry about your bad luck, some people waited and got their camper. I guess you are a victim and you were picked out. It’s not fair, I’m a victim, I’m held hostage. No, you are just a sniveling little bitch. Taylor Swift? That’s the best you got? Never heard it. You are in the same boat as all of us, you’re just stupid.

2 Likes

I apologise and will abstain from further contribution to this thread.

2 Likes

Exactly my point. You dont even have it yet and you’re this upset and have been whining for a while. Its kinda just sad. A lot of us have not had the best experience with waiting for our GFC. To be honest, mine is a fair bit worse than yours. My expected completion date was early March (which was also a year after my initial deposit). When I, I repeat “I” signed up for my GFC, I knew it was going to be a long wait. I still dont have it and am still waiting. Can I control what GFC is doing? No. 99.99% of things in life are outside of your control. The only thing you can control is your reaction to those things that happen. There’s always a silver lining, you just need to seek it out. Maybe its more time to set your truck up how you want it before your install. Maybe you do get over it, sell you spot, its a stress relief, you get a different camper, and are totally happy. I have no idea.

All I know is you and @Camper1088 going full level 10 whiner mode doesn’t help you achieve your end goal.

Lol love the T Swift reference. Seems fitting that it’s from a song called “you need to calm down”.

5 Likes

Well that was a good laugh. Lol
We all waited along time for of our campers. Some of us a little more patiently than others. But regardless it’s worth the wait.
And if y’all arnt gonna enjoy your camper sell your spot so someone else can. And so we don’t have to have crybaby ass posts like these again.

5 Likes

As walter would say, f*** it dude, let’s go roll (or just get out in the great outdoors, while it still exists)!

3 Likes

Good pull. I have a theory that Lebowski can be applied to 100% of life situations. You have proven this to be correct in this case too.

1 Like

8 Likes

please elaborate

why would poor customer service be acceptable especially after coughing up almost $8000?

@Levellander Yes 100% agree get outdoors when you can. not having a camper won’t stop me but does slow me down. I’m not as young as you kids around here

1 Like

I never said anything was acceptable. I am just not going to go on a forum and whine. To me, the whining is unacceptable. Whining doesn’t fix the problem or help me get my camper sooner. I signed up to wait, GFC was the company I wanted to go with after a lot of research, any issues I have had with GFC I have talked through with them directly. I teach high school and try to operate under the idea “you’re part of the solution, or part of the problem.” Regardless of ANY situation in life, this applies. It’s much more fun to look at this all as an opportunity rather than being a victim with the “poor me” attitude.

5 Likes

I see the problem as poor customer service from GFC. My solution would be to take over the company fire everybody in customer service and bring in my own team. What I can do is let potential customers know of my experience with GFC so they can make a better educated decision where to spend their money. You might see it as whining but some people want to know the truth about a company’s service whether it is good or bad. I’m sorry your solution is to lie down and take it pretending there is nothing wrong. you seem like a perfect victim

2 Likes

Again bud…deep breaths. I get what you’re saying about letting people know…that makes total sense. But you’re so nuts about it that when you speak, you come across as the kooky Yelp reviewer who freaks out about their latte not being the right temperature. I think people just roll their eyes and skip over what you say because you just sound like an ass-hat.

Like I mentioned, I didn’t lay down and take anything, I just called/emailed if I had an issue and got them resolved, sometimes longer than I would have liked. I was frustrated for sure at times, thought about selling my spot, but ultimately made the decision to keep my spot and move forward with MY decision. Glad I did.

I don’t care what you do. Just trying to offer some perspective. In all seriousness, hope you find something that makes you happy…thats kind of the point with these things.

11 Likes

Since we are offering perspectives all of my emails were always answered within 24 hours (excluding weekends). Phone calls were returned within that same time frame in the 25% of the time I didn’t get someone on the phone. Not to invalidate others experiences just to offer an additional perspective.

4 Likes

I’ll offer my perspective as well. My experience is that my camper (1009) was ready ahead of the schedule I signed up for and communications were prompt. Everyone was professional, and as of yet I have no negative feedback on my experience or the camper itself. Others’ experience may be different of course. My thought is if you have $8000 to spend on a cap for your truck, things could probably be a lot worse. Be patient, and things will probably work out to your liking. If not, find something that does.

8 Likes

Perfectly said. Pumped to hear things are going great

This thread is cracking me up. Danny has some of the best one liners on the whole forum. :rofl:

14 Likes

I’m waiting on build for 2020 Chevy Silverado 2500. They have asked for dimensions of box 2 times now. I’m due in June 2021. Please post some pics when you get yours. Hopefully the long wait will be satisfying!