Molle Panel (December GROUP BUY!)

Not willing to share that info, but it was quite a bit! We’re stoked!

Just got our Molle panel and it doesn’t seem to fit. Doesn’t line up with the window and the attachment points aren’t spaced correctly for our setup. Anyone else that bought one have a similar issue?

I also noticed that the window placement on the front panel seems to be different for the 2nd gen and 3rd Gen Tacomas. Mine has about a 2 inch gap between the bottom of the window and the lower frame bar. Looking at pictures, the window for the 3rd Gen Tacomas seems to come all the way down to that bar.

Mine: 2013 (Gen 2) Tacoma | V2 camper

Paul-

1 Like

Interesting. I have a 2010 Tacoma and it fits perfectly.

1 Like

Strange. It looks like the placement of your window is different than mine. Your’s doesn’t have that gap/space like mine does. When was your camper installed?

Oh dang, you are right. Mine doesn’t have that gap. I got mine installed march of last year.

Mine was just a few months ago. Maybe GFC changed something recently… :thinking:

@GFC got any inside thought on this?
Thank you!

Just got mine today didn’t have time to install it, so I’ll see if it fits tomorrow.

1 Like

Hey Paul,

That is super strange. Haven’t seen any issues like this before. Ive seen numerous 2nd gen panels installed on campers and everything lined up and fit perfectly? Maybe GFC changed your specific camper slightly? No idea.

Looks sick!

1 Like

Well you worried me as I also have a 2013 Tacoma and GFC was installed last March. However I installed yesterday and it fit perfect. Note the vertical distance for my center holes is 20". Hope it helps.

1 Like

So we figured out a couple days ago that GFC randomly changed their 2nd gen Tacoma V2 camper dimensions sometime in Oct of 2022. Campers produced before that fit perfectly, which is what we used in our testing. There was no communication about any changed when we started this project. Although it’s a small number of customers who have second gen Tacomas with new campers that are affected, it still sucks this happened. Anyway, glad yours fit!

2 Likes

GFC is really adaptable and implement changes fairly often, which is great for the end user, but can be quite a challenge for the aftermarket. Because of this I personally have to keep a very low inventory of products to safeguard against this, which does create longer lead times and signifiant returns sometimes.

That being said I love the idea of the product constantly innovating and the end user getting the best possible version of the product.

5 Likes

Makes total sense, and totally agree! Just wish there was some better communication in this particular instance.

4 Likes

Just a thought, 2 cents-
Maybe asking clients for a quick measurement. This might help alleviate the returns. If folks tell you no I don’t want to or cannot, maybe just letting them know that’s okay but there are not returns if you are not willing to pre-measure.
Life happens, shit changes - Yall make some incredible gear, I totally understand it can be very troublesome when products are made specifically for a year or version, then when the creater changes stuff with no forewarning.
Either way, great products, I certainly appreciate that folks are willing to make rad stuff for the GFC.

Looking Below –
Yeaaa @Thayne coming in - I love that GFC has a presence here. Certainly helpful

1 Like

Hey @ArkansasOffroad & @nobadnews_4234 -

@jedgar is correct regarding our quickness when it comes to implementing changes now and then.
Depending on your usage, the Gen2 bedrails can settle over time which can lead to the overhang of the camper bumping the shark fin antenna. To combat this, we made slight changes to the overall height of the Gen2 model, which would explain the misalignment of the molle panel.

Sorry for the inconvenience, but our team is getting updated measurements together to send over to the Backwoods AM Team asap.

2 Likes

Appreciate that man! We’ve had customers send in their own measurements, but in order to remake panels to accomodate the change, we don’t feel confident solely relying on customers measurements. We’d rather have access to this particular camper in house so we can be 100% confident and nail it, just like we did with the initial design. We only have a very small handful of customers in this situation. Literally like 5 or 6. With all that said, we let those customers just keep the panel and we refunded their money. Everyone has been super understanding. No worries here.

2 Likes

All good bro, I appreciate that! The change makes a lot of sense then. I know we all appreciate companies always trying to improve their products.

Ahh, not as big of an issue, still money under the table and I feel for ya.

For what its worth, I don’t have any of your gear (yet) but everyone I ask recommends ya. So you defiantly have something goin for ya. Props!

1 Like

Installed!

3 Likes