Non Tacos; Who has a New Ford Ranger Build?

check out ranger5g.com and prepare to empty your wallet. I don’t notice any difference driving besides the wind noise. these trucks are beasts. I don’t even notice the boat in tow either. glad I got rid my tacoma years ago

4 Likes

I picked up the fox leveling kit. I’m still waiting on the fronts. I’m hoping it makes fire roads a bit smoother and to fix my tire rub.

3 Likes

Not a “new” ranger, but in the not a taco club :slightly_smiling_face:

Check out my build thread. Nothing huge but I have done quite a bit of tinkering :call_me_hand::call_me_hand::call_me_hand:

10 Likes

Hey guys!

I bought a 2021 Ranger XLT at the end of January, and thanks to the forum I was already able to find a used camper for it! Planning on keeping it simple, efficiency is top of mind. Let me know if you guys have any must have mods or tips for lighting, heating, efficiency improvements (wind fairing), etc! Soooo excited to finally be able to join this community after 3 years of watching from the sidelines.

Cheers,

RJ

6 Likes

Welcome! Looks like your in the great PNW as well?

2 Likes

Yes sir, Seattle based these days, moved from Maine in August.

Another question: I see a lot on the forum about bed stiffeners, mostly for Tacos. Is that something we should be thinking about with the Ranger? If so, anyone have any that they like?

3 Likes

If you do a lot of off roading yes I would suggest them. Welcome to the Northwest as well!!!

2 Likes

meh bed stiffeners the bed pretty stiff as is. buy a real truck, get a real bed

1 Like

Officially starting my build thread

3 Likes

Love how folks in the PNW can identify the wet coast from a single, random neighborhood shot.

4 Likes

Just here to represent the minority: Here’s my 2020 XLT scab with the Superlite. Pretty funky setup with the truxedo tonneau, billie bars and tent risers but it works great for me. She gets sent pretty good in Baja frequently and stands up well to the abuse.

6 Likes

That and his licensee plate is a Washington State one…lol

2 Likes

Nice Ranger Tremor! I have one in cactus Grey. How much did it sag with the GFC?

1 Like

Thanks!

Not much at all. When it’s fully loaded (2 adults, 2 80lb dogs, camping gear), it’s basically level. With just the camper, it still has a slight rake.

3 Likes

The ecoboost 2.3L is a great engine…easily my preference over the Taco 3.5 V6.

2 Likes

We whipped up this fridge/outdoor kitchen combo with storage bench for a long bed Taco. I don’t see any reason why it wouldn’t also work for a short bed Ranger SuperCrew. The lost 11” in length just means the bench seat is tight to the back of the cabinet and the Lagun table needs a different mounting point. If anything, it might work better as the Ranger has taller bed sides and a wider bed than the Taco. Check us out at www.4WD-Mod.com.

1 Like

1 Like

Mine started to sag a bunch after 8-ish months. I ended up doing the Fox Performance Level Kit and OME Medium Duty springs. Rides so much better now and doesn’t hit the bumps stop as much.

EDIT - I have an XLT FX4 so i’m not sure how much different the suspension is from a Tremor.

3 Likes

Picked up my camper last month. Really enjoyed camping on the trip home and looking forward to having an always ready base camp for more adventures as the weather dries out in the PNW.

3 Likes

Looks like a great day! What part of the PNW are you in?

1 Like