Overland Softgoods

+1 on cs808’s comments on the blue flannel sheets. Looking forward to seeing the 1" topper, rear window insert and the winter insulation kits.

1 Like

Are these guys still alive? I’ve been trying to get them to respond to emails (and posts here) for a month now about their overhead storage solution and crickets. Very disappointed in the lack of communication.

MSMTNGIRL I will respond to you by DM this evening. Sorry we left you hangin’

Scott

OVERLAND SOFTGOODS CUSTOM FIT 1 INCH TOPPER NOW IN STOCK… but going shockingly fast!

I have a limited quantity of GFC Foam Topper Sets sitting in our suppliers warehouse ready to ship.

I’ll be honest with you. when we got them in and started setting up the website listing for the Toppers I just personally balked at the price of shipping. In my humble opinion… it’s ridiculous!!!

that said, I decided today to go ahead and list them and see how it would work out. My wife told me last night that many of the things that she has bought recently have as much as doubled in cost because of the crazy rise in shipping fees.

On a positive note… I have the Topper in my XL and have been out six nights. It is notably better for my 67 year old bones than the straight OEM mattress… for sure!

If all goes well and shipping does not become an overwhelming obstacle we will continue to offer this new product.

It was from the beginning, our goal to offer a system of products for our GFCampers to make them live even better. Adjustable sheet sets were designed and made to allow us to easily add a topper for added comfort.

Onward and upward…

Scott

2 Likes

Just snagged a set of sheets and the topper! Thanks Scott for making these. Shipping is still less than me taking a trip to Colorado… oh wait maybe I should do that!

2 Likes

Purchased, thanks! Shipping was $20 to Denver, not terrible. We have memory foam shoved in our cushions and its awful in the cold, excited to have a proper solution.

2 Likes

Purchased and definitely looking forward to it!

1 Like

crap… rushed to the website to purchase and its sold out!

No worries!!! We will reload the website inventory level. We will continue to sell with the notice: Please allow 8 to 10 days to ship. We weren’t really sure how many to start with but looks like we guessed way low on immediate demand. Check back on the website in a little bit. It will be active again.

2 Likes

Inventory levels fixed :slight_smile:

Cant even find it as an option. I assume your just removing it when out of stock?

1 Like

Check again, if you haven’t already. There is a banner across the top of the home page on our website… announcing the GFC Topper Set… click on the banner and it will take you right too it :slight_smile:

1 Like

Found it on mobile. Must be a addon in Firefox.
What kind of foam is it?
I ask because I have to sleep on my side. To where I have my exped pumped up kinda firm for back laying. But the GFC foam is wayy to stiff from the factory

1 Like

Interested in the topper for my GFC RTT: will this be available in a single large section for the RTT crowd?

1 Like

Hi William! The GFC Mattress Topper we offer is latex foam with a specific density of 1.8 and a stiffness rating of 18 (which is pretty soft). It provides greater comfort over the OEM mattress by itself. That said, I have the Exped Maga Matt that I pull out of my van for longer trips in the GFC and nothing is as comfortable to my 67-year-old bones as that 5 inch exped mattress.

1 Like

Hi Warren! We can offer the GFC one inch topper for the RTT community as well. I’ll see that it gets added as an option tomorrow. Check our online store tomorrow afternoon as it should be updated by then.

Happy trails…
Scott

1 Like

Is the latex foam natural or synthetic? Thanks.

Does the topper fit with the GFC sheets? Or should I plan to get a set of your sheets along with the topper?

I was about to post the same question as @prakashsurya. I’m three days into my GFC ownership. I don’t need a sheet upgrade yet, but would like to try the 1" foam topper if it works with the stock GFC sheets. The stock sheets have some play although I’m not sure if it’s enough to accommodate an extra inch of foam… Has anyone tried this?

I have, a 1” topper fits in the stock GFC covers. It is tight though and may compress it a bit. But that’s how I have 3 of the 4 pads setup in my rig. Not Scott’s pads, but same idea.

I found the best combination was the grey firm, then the blue, then the 1” from the bottom up. I tried a 2” and separated the two stock foam layers (which is tedious) put the firm on the bottom and 2” and it’s a bit too soft for me, but my wife loves it.

So we have a soft side, and a firmer side. I can’t store a quilt or duvet up there anymore with the extra 1” and it does take a few more seconds to get the tent fabric in.

1 Like