Post Your Pudding Here (2024)

Last one and junk pic. Night 5, caved and got a campground inside Zion before heading home in the morning.

5 Likes

#5: Full Moon over southern Utah.

7 Likes

#6 First time deploying the awning at camp. It’s gonna be sweet when it’s hot or wet enough to actually need it!

8 Likes

Just found this thread, tried to go back and find my pics. A few nights I didn’t snap a pic at all which is a bummer. But this is what I have with pictures from this year so far. Question, I’ll be taking a trip in July, will nights camped in the GFC at rest stops count too? :joy:

1/13/24 Didn’t snap a pic of it popped up, but I did find a pic of it in the background at camp that day when we arrived.

2/16/24-2/17/24 (2 nights, same spot)

2/23/24 - 2/24/24 (2 nights, same spot)

7 Likes

#7: North of Fruita enjoying 60’s and sunshine

6 Likes

-24c in Alberta. The coldest I’ve camped.

5 Likes

Nights 5&6

10 Likes

night i don’t even know… because I lost track

camped by the river and woke up IN the river. just like I intended.
we did this spot last September and had an idea of how high the water goes before we set up. At the deepest the water was only to the bottom of my wheel.

6 Likes

Night 2 - up in the mountains near Molalla Oregon at an unnamed (at least on my map) lake. Great little overnight adventure with @Zr2_Matt .

6 Likes

#8. Gotta head home now.

6 Likes

Night 2 mt hood National Forest with @rdonahe

9 Likes

Night 1 a few weeks back, mt hood national forest

6 Likes

UT

UT

NM

UT

TX

5 Likes

Another in AZ

5 Likes

Is your Starlink the new dish, or did you convert the older one?

It’s the Flat High performance dish. I had the rectangular dishy, but got frequent dropouts in AK because the FoV is only 100 degrees. The new dish is $2500 (company expense haha) but can track more satellites for hot swapover and can see 140 degrees FoV.

That’s a great company to work for if they are willing to equip you to that level! Interesting the differences in FoV. I’m rarely able to get perfect clearance from obstructions but haven’t suffered connection drops that I see others reporting.

From starlink.sx - there are two main bands around lower latitudes, and AK has only service from the polar orbit satellites. You’ll only ever have a few overhead.

It’s latitude dependent, and use case dependent. If you’re doing calls, you have to have perfect coverage. If you’re browsing, a 5 or 10 second dropout is annoying but not a deal breaker. I’m considering upgrading to a peplink router with hot swapover so I can backup starlink with cellular.

2 Likes

Day 1 Gorman

6 Likes

Night 9
We took a run down to Anza Borrego Desert State Park last night. Rolled in late to Blair Valley, and was a little surprised at the large groups camping. Made our way around to Little Blair Valley and found a nice spot. The wind was a little gusty, but we settled in and slept well. Jammed home as the rain started to fall. Quick but was fun, and way better than sleeping in a parking lot.

10 Likes