Both windows, tent side doors, custom space frame color

1/14/20 - Deposit Paid, December 2020 start
6/19/20 - Updated start date November 2020
6/30/20 - Color samples shiped
7/22/20 - Invoice paid/Ready for production
12/1/20 - In production
12/3/20 - In assembly
12/7/20 - Complete!!!

Super excited!!! Cant wait to make the trip out to pick it up!!!

5 Likes

Unit #1026
F150 6.5ft
Both windows, tent side doors

1/13/20 - Deposit Paid, December 2020 start
6/19/20 - Updated start date November 2020
6/30/20 - Color samples shipped
7/6/20 - Invoice paid/Ready for production
11/17/20 - Metal town
11/30/20 - In assembly
12/1/20 - Complete

4 Likes

Unit #1050
Tacoma

2/3/20- Deposit paid
7/14- Color samples shipped
7/20- Invoice paid/Ready for production
11/17- Production start (tubes ready)
11/19- In Assembly
12/2- Camper Complete!!

Very impressed with GFCs production times, my unit was supposed to start this month with a 12 week build time, basically ready 3 months early.

5 Likes

Unit #1006
Tacoma short bed, windows front/rear, doors

Paid in full: 30 June 2020
In Production: 10 November 2020
In Assembly: 19 November 2020
GFC COMPLETE! 03 December 2020

Picking up in two weeks from today. YAY!

3 Likes

Hey everyone!

Wanted to give everyone an update as I liked seeing these updates when mine was in production.

Unit 1061:
Deposit - 02/10/2020
Paid in Full - 07/23/2020
In production - 12/01/2020
In assembly - 12/14/2020
Cured - 12/28/2020
Complete - 12/30/2020

So pleased at the quick production times, especially around the holidays! Getting it installed Monday! So pumped!

4 Likes

Here’s my timeline, since I found this thread very helpful while I waited for my build:

Unit 1029:
Paid in Full - 7/23/2020
In Production - 11/19/2020
Complete - 12/9/2020

2 Likes

Is anyone with a December start date experiencing a delay? I am #1104 and was told in November that I was on track for my December start date, but nothing yet. I was under the impression that production times were speeding up.

I’m a few #'s (1130) behind you and got the following email towards the end of December, so slightly behind but still far ahead of the original expected start of March for me, and quoting shorter times.

As I’m sure you are aware, your camper has an estimated start date set in December 2020. As the year comes to a close, I wanted to let you know your camper’s start date is behind schedule. Plain and simple, your camper is going to start production late.

We’re making some big changes here at the shop, and the end goal is to be able to build campers faster than ever. The way our materials are ordered and processed is changing, as is the assembly process itself. With speedier production comes the ability to schedule installs ahead of time. We’re tired of having to wait until the very last minute to schedule installs, and we’re sure you are too. We want to operate so we can reliably get your install scheduled and on the books when your camper goes into production, rather than when it gets completed while maintaining our high standard of quality.

One more thing, once your camper goes into production, it won’t take 12 weeks from start to finish anymore. That’s too damn long. There’s a lot to learn as these production processes change, but right now our production timeline estimates are going down to 6-8 weeks. That estimate is conservative, and as we see the results of these changes we’ll update you on how short the timeline from start to finish actually is.

3 Likes

I am #1119 and in the same boat here. Just sold my canopy so hoping it’s soon. If I don’t hear anything from them by end of next week I will reach out.

I know unit 1088 shipped so they might be doing the production update on their end starting with with the 1100’s.

Yo yo, I’m in metal town. Haven’t picked camper up yet (trucks pointed North and ready to roll, when it is though). I’m sure you all will be soon. Hang in there!!!

1 Like

damn

I’m #1229 early Feb build and was hoping for easter road trip to montana to get install and see the grandkids in Havre

I really hope production bounces back

Looks like this was a slowdown to swap over to V2 production. More here: https://youtu.be/glaLVGkifno

2 Likes

Was just going to post that here. Production will now only be a couple of weeks according to GFC

2 Likes

Just set my options for the V2, getting excited over here. Ill keep this updated as it progresses.

Did you receive a confirmation from GFC when you set them?

Got my options email today as well. #1385 XL 2015 Tundra. Can’t freaking wait!!!

1 Like

How many are they building a month now? I’m getting close. Expect my email in the next month or so

Im #1308 and an XL Tundra as well…we’ll probably be in the same group! Pumped its getting close!!

1 Like

They mentioned recently with the V2 and the way they build them that they would be able to build double the amount per week. They are changing the order slightly (not going off chronological build numbers anymore but rather certain trucks first) so that could impact you faster or slower when your build starts.

1 Like