Production Timeline Records

When I was waiting there were two buids that were about 40 spots behind me in line and they both were completed before me. Not sure why but that’s what the leaderboard said at the time. My camper was completed before a few others too. I would do like some of you and stare at that leaderboard everyday and my conclusion is that I did not figure anything out as to when my camper would actually be complete. I really don’t think it’s a game you can figure out. It’s like the weather, you may be able to predict it within a few days or a week but that’s it.

3 Likes

I think the Randomness has gone to a new level. I’m with @Kwood thought I figured it out when @GFC was averaging about 12 campers a week moving phase to phase so you could get a sense of a timeline. They were killing it! My thought was I would be heading to Montana in May, they were so far ahead of schedule and technically beats my old September 2020 start date

But I got spoiled by there new increases in production

Now, I’m just praying it’s done in June maybe the 4th of July at latest. Got at trip to Tahoe end of July hope to be rolling with the new GFC

1 Like

At this point, I would be hoping Tahoe lets you visit.

3 Likes

#575, updated timeline:
Installed 5/8/2020 (& 1st camping night the same night). :smiley:

1 Like

Updated this doc… wasn’t loading for some reason. For those that obsess like me…

1 Like

This is awesome and provides great detail at how from the outside the randomness of who gets moved through and gets passed by will drive you nuts!

It would be cool if @GFC_Taylor could provide insight into how and why the leaderboard jumps around, skips, go backs

For example @GFC706 was passed by to 717 & 718 going into assembly?

Is his model of camper a newer limited production design, was his Payment in full made later or maybe those campers and others are promos?

I’m pretty sure knowing why and how will not stop the obsession for trying guess when our builds will be done.

Hello. For the record…

1. I ordered both windows and a tent side door.
  2. I paid my invoice the day I received my email. That was 12/5/19 if I remember correctly.
  3. I had parts on 2/22/20. ie components produced. That’s where I still am now.

Maybe my windows and tent door were a factor. Maybe simpler builds were bumped ahead of me because of that. I am anxious to get my camper, and I feel like GFC is doing all they can to get campers out the door. I hope I’m in the next assembly run. I want my camper to be problem free, so I’m being patient and waiting for my turn.
One thing I’ve noticed is that GFC under promises and over delivers on the timeline.

Peace.

More out of curiosity than anything on what causes what in the scheduling but agree on over delivering as most of current builds are starting way before schedule…

Frankly I’m not sure many manufacturers would even share the build schedule in such detail as GFC has to us, pretty cool.

Cheers

Maybe you already said before. But what is up with that doc ??
Super curios because it shows me #677 in the soft goods installed notified phase, but on the gofast leaderboard I’m still in assembly.

The rows numbers don’t align with Column A “Camper #”.

If you are #677, then you are in row 676.

Lol what a letdown !! I was all hyped thinking I was ahead. Thanks for the reply.

Haha sorry… That would be tantalizing.

Thanks for pinging me on this, I’m happy to help to the best of my ability. From what I can tell, and from what I’ve gathered after a discussion I had with our head of production, metal town wasn’t synching up their panels with frames, so some things were moving through powder coat unevenly. In this case, I believe the panels were powder coated ahead of the frame (which just came back today). Unit #706 will be moving to assembly soon!

@GFC706, you’re totally right about simpler builds potentially moving a bit quicker. Supply chain can certainly slow things down, and the more complex the build, the more dependent it is on the supply chain. Email support@gfcengineering directly I can provide you with some more detailed updates on your camper.

In this case the explanation is pretty simple: this frame was ready for powder right before we had to shut down because of COVID. 717 and 718 were coming back from powder before the shut down, and that’s why they’re further along right now. In the end, the difference in build time won’t be that drastic.

3 Likes

Hey Taylor thanks for the detailed answer and I think that’s whats so cool about GFC. You guys put everything out there for us to consume and understand.

Thanks again!

2 Likes

Thanks for your explanation. Just so you and GFC know… I’m waiting my turn, and I feel certain that you guys are doing all you can to churn out good quality campers as fast as physically possible. Thanks to all you workers at GFC working hard to get us our campers during this risky time. GFC campers are very cool and I want my camper, but I will get my camper when its done. I congratulate 717 & 718 for having good luck in their production process. I look forward to getting my camper. I’ve literally been planning my build for 6 months now. The shutdown was inconvenient for everyone. These are weird times.
I hope you and everyone at GFC stay safe.

I’m sure you are busy, but if you read this, I won’t be sending an email. You’ve got better things to do other than replying to my email. Thanks again to everyone at GFC.

Peace.

3 Likes

You guys are crushing it!

1 Like

I just went from Components Produced to in Assembly to Sealant Curing in one day. I got 2 emails back to back. Number 721. Best news in a while…actually only good news in a while. I’m stoked~

I chose options mid December, paid around the first of the year and went in to production mid March.

4 Likes

Update to my schedule,

5/26/2019 deposit
12/9/2019 notification time to select colors
12/16/2019 paid invoice
12/17/2019 notified paid full “ready for production“
4/17/2020 in production notified
5/13/2020 Components Produced
5/24/2020 In Assembly

Getting close! Just passed my 1 year anniversary! Still got my stoke on since I put down the deposit

Update:
6/28/2020 still “In Assembly”.

Totally unsure if and when it we will be done, stoke fading as summer days pass

3 Likes

I am 739 and share your stoke! Just updated pacer sheet.

The production timeline is nuts!!! I got the notification last Thursday that my camper just went into the sealant stage, so I emailed GFC to get an idea of how much longer until it would be completed. I was told it would take at least a week for the sealant to cure, then they would install everything and make sure the camper passes quality control—probably two to three more weeks. But then today, I get an email stating my camper is done! Glad the wait is over :sweat_smile:

2 Likes