Production Timeline Records

In the same boat! Seen all the campers around me being completed and mine just sat in assembly than today got the email stating it was done !!! So hyped!

2 Likes

I just got the notification mine is complete. #721

2 Likes

Congrats on your camper!

Peace.

Whoa production is at full blast congrats man!

Very cool. I am #800 and I am champing at the bit. Bearing in mind the COVID shutdown what was your production time?

Check this link. https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1bYwN6Bo_XBS_xbAjGdjqu1cIlONcaxzhVWjWYBbW-Vo/edit?usp=sharing

I have been tracking all timeline since January in a google sheet.

1 Like

@murphy1377 Looks like your Google Doc breaks from the Leaderboard between units #876 and #878. #877 seems have been deleted from the Leaderboard.

875 875 J Runtz Ready For Production
876 876 S Brace Options Set
877 878 S McAllister Ready For Production
878 879 D Kindrachuk Ready For Production
1 Like

Will adjust later! My bad!

Just a snapshot of the production timeline coming out of the shutdown , as others have said GFC is killing it.

12 campers in my group went In to production on 4/17

Current Status 6/5:

4 complete
1 soft goods installation
3 in Sealant curing
3 in Assembly
1 in Components produced

Note my camper is a 2020 Tundra so this added some time to adjust for the fin, currently in assembly. This being said GFC has been great with working through the updates, status of build, and updating me on the modification, stoked to work with them all the way through the process so far.

Thanks

2 Likes

Mine is also a 2020 Tundra so I am interested to see what they are doing with the new fin. I was told there wouldn’t need to be any modifications like the 4Runner.

1 Like

The camper will be about 1-2” higher over the cab to clear the fin. The fin can’t be removed or modified like the 4Runner is my understanding. GFC is on it and has already tested the camper on a 2020 model so we should be good to go. I’m thinking we will probably sit at the same as the Gen 3 Tacoma’s. If you look at some of the Tundra GFC vs Tacoma it appears Tacoma sits a couple inches higher over cab.

Once again GFC has been very communicative throughout the build.

Your getting close to starting congrats!
Thanks

1 Like

A little of topic, but does anyone know how many campers GFC sells in a week? I am curious what the average is.

I don’t know the official date that GFC started selling campers, but it has be 2-2.5 years (or so). As of today, they have over 1330 units on the leaderboard. So if the above time frame is correct, then GFC has averaged 10-12 campers per week since their inception. Pretty cool.

1 Like

That is pretty cool man! Good analysis tool for sure.

FYI, got my install, so no longer updating that sheet.

Amazing to see how many campers they are knocking out now.

1 Like

Hey @murphy1377 thanks for the sheet it was cool to track builds as mine was getting close to starting.

Appreciate it!

2020 DC Tundra GFC model

Update to my schedule,

5/26/2019 deposit
12/9/2019 notification time to select colors
12/16/2019 paid invoice
12/17/2019 notified paid full “ready for production“
4/17/2020 in production notified
5/13/2020 Components Produced
5/24/2020 In Assembly
7/15/2020 Sealant Curing
7/20/2020 Soft goods Installation
8/3/2020 Complete Notified
Pickup 8/13!

My timeline probably shouldn’t be used as a guide at this point with Covid, first 2020 Tundra build, etc… @GFC_Taylor has been awesome to work with and answered all my questions/ Emails throughout the build. Customer response 5-stars has been my experience thus far with Taylor and @Mike_GFCUSA in regards to parts. Thanks Guys!

2 Likes

That’s just around the corner, see you soon!

7 weeks from “In Production” to “Complete.” They started production in June and finished at the end of July (so there was a holiday in there).

I wish I had a better guesstimate of when it was going to be complete, so I could’ve built my schedule around a trip to MT. Now, “Complete” to Installed will be almost as long as the build process.

I’m in the same boat, I love how they’re finishing campers earlier than expected but with having to get days off for the trip It adds another 1-2 months on my pickup date

Still ahead of the original build date though so I’m thankful for that

Anyone know what spots are in production now? Trying to get a rough estimate for when I should request off work to pick up #1026.

2 Likes