Puget Sound/PNW Owners

Olympic Peninsula here! build #840 with upgraded embassy hinges and Kinsmen Hardware 270. Has been nothing but a joy. Innumerable road trips back and forth to Missoula exploring every nook and cranny. Planning a Baja trip later in the year.

4 Likes

Hi, I’ve seen your GFC blow by me twice. Waved at you. Hope you love your camper.

2 Likes

Is there a PNW / GFC meetup this year? Would be rad to see everyones rig in the area

3 Likes

Upgraded V2 Lynnhood!

3 Likes

Hey everyone!

We’ll be moving to Seattle from NC in late August, and making a pit stop in Montana on the drive up to pick up our GFC! Super excited for the move and hopefully to meet up with some fellow PNW GFC owners!

3 Likes

Also, I was hoping for some group input on parking - Do you recommend street parking in Seattle? Or should I definitely look to rent a parking space somewhere? The apartment I’ll be living in (Green Lake area) doesn’t have a garage that will fit the GFC.

Thanks in advance for the tips!

Sorry I’m late to this, but I work in Green Lake! I’ve had my GFC for about 1.5 years, and haven’t had any issues with street parking. That said, I don’t run anything in it day-to-day (just load up the rig right before trips). Do you drive the sand Taco? I know there is another GFC homie that drives a Gen 2 white Taco in Green Lake.

Get your camper yet?

Pumped to get into the Toyota crowd, only I’ll be rockin’ a full size on a '16 Tundra. Planned on a pick up in April but trying to convince the boss that it’ll be an essential asset for ski season … will update pending that discussion’s outcome lol. SEE Y’ALL OUT THERE!

Hi Matt,

I’m in the area, living off of Crown Road. I drive a 2014 Tacoma which at some point in time will have my RTT mounted on a GFC Chase Frame. While it’s ordered I haven’t heard about a firm shipping date. Anyway, I’m impressed with your YouTube channel and look forward to seeing you and your rig out in the Gifford Pinchot.

1 Like

Temporarily based on Whidbey Island for work until June ‘23 :wave: 2020 silver DCSB and V2

2 Likes

Hi there everyone.

I am actually down in southern California (yikes!), although a huge fan of the PNW. The kids, wife, and dog, and I will be taking much of the 2023 summer off to explore northward, ending up in Vancouver island. A good amount of the time will be spent on the coast, and we end up in Tofino, but other than that the schedule is open for figuring out. I would love to tap into the collective wisdom of this group, for places to visit, or even better meet up for an adventure.

Separately, if anyone wants one of our stickers, I made them and would be happy to mail some out. Just DM me your name and address.
https://forum.gofastcampers.com/t/re-regional-sticker-share/16947

Thanks!
Ari

If you plan on booking campsites here in WA, I highly recommend book far in advance. Lots of people found camping during the pandemic and reservations can be challenging.

Recommendations:

Coastal:

-Kalaloch - Visit the Tree of life.Tree of Life - Google Search.
-Lake Cresent
-Ho Rainforests
-Hurricane Ridge
-Hiking and exploring tidal pools.

If you make your way toward central Washington toward the Cascade Mountains, the mountain views and driving is amazing. Highly recommend!

North Cascades via highway 20: (Closed in winter)

-Slate Pass - Highest maintained road in Washington. Great stargazing.
-Diablo Lake
-Ross Lake
-Hiking all over the area

WABDR (Washington Backroad Discovery Route):
-Just hop into a section and drive it. Highly recommend driving section 2 to Bethel Ridge. Great view and camping.

-Ron

4 Likes

Yea I’m from Oregon and camp a lot in the area. It became really crowded since the pandemic. We’ve started to camp more in Washington the past couple of years. Love camping up there. Not as crowded and really great spots. But we do a lot of dispersed as well.

1 Like

I haven’t done much camping in Oregon and it’s been on my bucket list. Do you have any recommendations of places to check out? My preference is dispersement/medium off-road camping; open to state/federal campsites.

Yea there are many options. Let me think of a list and I’ll PM you.

Thank you so much everyone! This is a great list to start with.

Add me to the list… Marion County, Oregon

3 Likes

Boss approved. January pickup happened Saturday. Welcome home 4701.

2 Likes

Another taco from Olympia, any plans for a meet up this spring/summer?

1 Like