Track nut alternative

Shoot me some photos when you have time.

What’s involved in removing the GFC tube to slide the threaded aluminum tube in there? I like this idea.

Edit: forgot to @bs2000

10-32 and 1/4-20 twist track nuts are a PASS! :100::heavy_check_mark::soon:
Greg said they should be on the website next week.

8 Likes

Are you able to put a track nut in the bottom side of the aluminum rear bar where your eyebolt and hex head bolts are mounted and turn it to add the bolts for the new pull down strap?

The aluminum channel/tube is round to allow the lock pins to slide and hold the top section of the camper closed. I think the slot is to wide for a track nut to stay put there. I just tried to direct message pictures to you. Did you get them?

1 Like

I used the rear steel tube replacement directions to figure out how to insert the 1" aluminum piece of pipe.

You gotta remove a corner, but in doing so you mess up the alignment. Just be aware if it is aligned that is normal and to get a dead blow or rubber mallet and whack it back in place (side to side). It’s not tough, but I highly recommend not removing the corner more than a few times. The aluminum threads can only take so much and if you strip the threads you’ll be on your own. Personally I won’t be removing mine as I’ve done it twice now and there is already pieces of the threads coming out.

Appreciate the input. I checked him out and he has a well oiled operation. I’m jealous of the tools :sob:

Also he’s right about the pull down strap. You either need an insert in the tube or some small twist in circles that you can thread to to make it work. The old steel tube is the only design that would accept those mounts and they stopped in summer of 19, so the first 200 or so might be able to buy but no one after.

I’m aware in the V2 tube.
Just need to get some good measurements to be able to create the proper nut for the inside.

I’m camper #234 and still have the old tube.

2 Likes

Definitely in for pull down strap. I cringe everytime I tug on the tent to close it. I have #296

2 Likes

TOMORROW!

https://www.gziladesigns.com/collections/go-fast-campers

10 Likes

Awesome! Thanks for getting the ball rolling that! Just ordered up a handful and will be checking to see what else they come out with!

1 Like

Which size track nut would come with the awning brackets? Or cross bars? Definitely going to pick some up

Not sure what come with GFC’s crossbars but their awning brackets come with 1/4-20.
Greg’s racks and awning brackets will come with 1/4-20 as well.
Check out the link above. Should have more in stock next week I believe. He sold a lot more than either of us expected.

1 Like

@2ayne Is he developing something like the beef rack? Maybe even a cab rack?

1 Like

We haven’t talked about a “over the cab rack” yet but it’s for sure been on my mind.

We’ve discussed cross bars similar to the beef racks, awning brackets, a cab side molle panel, pull down strap which is in production, the fly rods and track nuts obviously and possibly a nice solution to hold the wiring for on roof solar panels.

1 Like

I’m in for the solar wiring holder.

1 Like

Beef Rack set up is an easy DIY. Might be easier to just order the parts and sell as a kit tbh. All the parts are readily available from tnutz/8020 etc. https://www.tnutz.com/product/jp-010-j-black/ and https://www.tnutz.com/product/ex-1010-c/ or can use a 15 series for extra capacity. You can easily build a full double bar kit for less than $50.

2 Likes

Not the best looking thing out there though in my opinion. That’s why I haven’t done it yet. Looks tacky to me and that cross bar is a little on the flimsy side.

Just picked up some these last friday! Excited to get it so I can mount some goodies.

1 Like